*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1684282-Why-the-Chicken-Crossed-the-Road
Rated: 13+ · Other · Animal · #1684282
A chicken walks into a bar..



Vinny the chicken walks into a bar, waving goodbye to a traveling salesman and says,

"Whew, That was a close one"!

"How's that", the bartender asks?

Ordering a whiskey, he says, " You've heard the one about "'Why did the chicken cross the road', right?
Well, that whole crossing the road thing, is due to one thing only. Womenfolk! Back at the farm I lived on, I had it pretty good. Cock of the walk and all" he smirked, " But, bird in the hand yanno.I got bored. All my hens ever wanted was to fuss about their eggs, nests, what I wasn't doing around the coop...You know the drill".

The bartender nods, in what he hopes is an empathetic manner.

Vinny continues,"One day, I am strutting around and glance across the road. Standing there is the finest example of feathered female pol-chritude I have ever laid eyes on"! Vinny chuckles leeringly at his own witticism, " She was mincing her way around, displaying her feathers for all the world. You know the type, don't ya ole buddy"?

The bartender nods wearily, hoping there was a pay off for listening to all this nonsense.

Winking slyly Vinny says" Nothing would have it that I didn't cross that road and court this beauty. But ,before you could blink, those damned hens come flapping out'n the coop, a'peckin an tearin' at me, fit to be tied! And me running around like a chicken.. well you know the sayin' " Vinny bobbed his head for emphasis. "Thank God that salesman had come 'round. He was just as eager to high tail it as I was. Something about the farmer"s daughters.. but, that's his tale to tell. Say? You gonna fix me another one or just stand there poleaxed like you never heard this before"?



© Copyright 2010 tmhtaylor (tmhtaylor at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1684282-Why-the-Chicken-Crossed-the-Road