*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1685023-The-Keep-Away-Girl
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Teen · #1685023
Selena, a new girl at school, likes Kristy and Vanessa, but she doesn't like Katie.
On a cool October morning students were hanging out in the lobby of Charles Hubert High School.  A group of girls named Kristy Harris, Katie Sullivan, and Vanessa Nguyen were talking and laughing together.  Kristy was African-American with caramel skin, thin-rimmed glasses, and a svelte figure.  Katie was a girl of Irish and German descent with blonde hair, blue eyes, a tall stature, and a voloptuous figure.  And Vanessa was Vietnamese-American with a petite figure, and jet-black hair cut in a side-swept emo shag.  About a minute later, a petite Mexican-American girl with long brown hair entered the building.  She boldly approched the three girls who were talking and hanging out.  "Hey," the girl said with confidence, "I'm Selena Rios.  I just transfered from Northwestern High."  Kristy turn around and introduced her self, "Hi, Selena.  I'm Kristy Harris," the girl said excitedly, then she introduced the other girls "And this is Katie Sullivan and Vanessa Nguyen."  "Hey," Selena said to the other girls.  Vanessa noticed Selena's blue T-shirt with a gold Roca Wear logo in the center, "Oh, cool shirt." she said, admiring the girl's outfit.  "I know, right?"  Selena said with flair, "Up Against the Wall had a great sale, and I just couldn't resist.  I have, like, a million clothes from there.  I LOVE that store."  Selena then noticed Katie's aqua T-Shirt with a picture of Yoshi in the center, "Is that Yoshi from Nintendo?"  Selena asked the girl.  "Yeah," Katie said cheerfully, "It's my favorite!"  "It's SO cute!"  Selena said in a fake, insincere tone.  "You have great taste."  "Thank you."  Katie said in a bubbly tone.  "Um, Katie,"  Selena said to the girl.  "Yeah?"  Katie asked Selena.  Could you excuse us for one second?"  "Sure." said Katie.  Selena motioned for Kristy and Vanessa to go to the windowsill with her.  "Who IS she?"  Selena asked the two girls, "And why do you hang out with her?"  "Who, Katie?  She's our friend."  Kristy told Selena.  "Well she's ot MY friend,"  Selena said with disapproval, "I mean, look at her.  She wears stupid baby clothes and she's all giggly and ditzy, just like a dumb blonde.  Ugh, she's so annoying.  I don't like her."  "Why not?"  Vanessa asked Selena, "She's really sweet and fun to be around.  "Yeah, TOO sweet," Selena said in disgust, "It makes me wanna puke.  Look, If you guys wanna sit with me at lunch today, you can't talk to her, and you guys wanna get to know me, right?"  "Um, I guess so."  Kristy said witth hesitation.  "All right then, see you guys at lunch."  Selena said as the bell for AM Homeroom rang.  At lunch, Katie approached Selena at a table in the front of the cafeteria, but Selena just said, "Don't sit over here."  "But I always sit over here," Katie told Selena, "Why can't I sit over here today?"  "Because I don't freaking like you." Selena said in a nasty tone.  "Why?"  Katie asked Selena, "I haven't done anything to you."  "I just don't like you, okay?"  Selena snapped, "So go away!"  Tears welled up in Katie baby-blue eyes, but she tried not to cry in front of Selena because then she would be showing weakness in front of her.  When Kristy and Vanessa got their food paid their money, Selena waved too the two girls, "Hey," she shouted, "Come sit over here!"  Kristy and Vanessa sat at Selena's table, without paying any mind to Katie, who was crying with her head on the table in the back of the cafeteria.  At home  Katie decided to check her Myspace page for any updates.  The last thing she expected to find was a hateful message, and it was from Selena.  It read, "You are SUCH a loser!  Just look at yourself.  You wear clothes only a retard would be caught dead in, eat sandwiches with the crusts cut off, AND you talk in an annoying high pitched voice.  I don't see how ANYONE could like you, especially Kristy and Vanessa.  Katie clicked off the page, grabbed her stuffed Yoshi toy and started sobbing again.  Mrs. Sullivan heard her daughter crying upstairs.  She went to Katie's room to check on her.
© Copyright 2010 Kolorful Kristy (mariogurl1990 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1685023-The-Keep-Away-Girl