*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1685431-Cartilage-Prologue
Rated: ASR · Fiction · Young Adult · #1685431
In the midst of a zombie apocalypse, a group of outcasts fight for survival.
Cartilage:

Prologue:-

The day it all began. It happened all so fast. No-one was really sure how or why, all we knew was it wasn't good. Within a week the police had failed to keep order and the army was drafted in, but that didn't change much. Infected areas were quarantined. I lived in what was Manchester, meaning that I was in the thick of it. Eventually people stopped being selfish and small groups began drifting together, looking for food, others built safehouses and stayed there. I was a drifter in the beginning, until it became too dangerous to travel alone. That was when I met Fiona. She was trapped in a car, surrounded by 'them'. What 'they' were was uncertain, people said they were zombies, but I didn't believe them, I called them..well, just 'them'. To give 'them' a name would be accepting that they were real. And I didn't want to accept it. Anyway,'they' had surrounded this car with Fiona and some other woman in, she never told me who it was, I suppose like me she didn't accept it. Where was I? Oh yeah, she was trapped in this car and I thought i’d be able to help her. I was wrong. I ended up luring away the zombies into a nearby garden centre and I was beginning to get cornered myself. Luckily, that was when Fiona saved the day. She charged in with a gardening fork and cleared a way for me to escape. She gave me the courage I needed in this world. On that day we decided to stick together, and from that moment we’ve never left each other’s side. Just friends of course! Nothing more... nothing more...
© Copyright 2010 stu10leadhead (stu10leadhead at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1685431-Cartilage-Prologue