*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1685593-New-Exercise---Facts-Of-Life
Rated: E · Fiction · Death · #1685593
An exercise written for Exercise Your Writing, about the facts of life.
Kal was so different from the others, Noah thought to himself, as he silently attended to the perception of his first and only child. Kal had ever so quietly planted himself into the grass outdoors from his country home, as if just another daisy himself, whom was biased with the winds and their currents as they kissed his soft skin. But Kal was no daisy; he was a lively, breathing human being and a powerful one at that, Noah desired to tell him. At the age of only ten, Noah feared Kal may not understand the overall weight of his own words as he told his son what only must be heard. And it simply could not wait, he suddenly decided, as his eyes narrowed into the direction of a slight scraping fuss, in which descended from without Kal's hands. Kal was making wooden knives from leftover Popsicle sticks, an incessant hum escaping his small lips in comparison to his hastened movements. The only fright Noah held close to his heavy heart now was that of his son's misunderstanding, the mistake of assuming that his father did not love him, because he did. Noah loved Kal not only because he was all that his long fingers could count of love, but for many lovely and varied reasons that would steal ages away from young folk, if they were to foolishly inquire of them.

After Alba died, Kal's mother and Noah's wife, Kal had quickly sealed the openings to any doors that led to his soul. He was broken, violently broken, and this was the moment that Noah hoped would ease his suffering, for Kal had gone so long swimming in this pool of sorrow. Noah pined for the ways he could force the air less thick for Kal to breathe, for any way to force situations easier. But Life is not like such, Noah wanted to tell him, Life is one million different video games you are made to pick from, but as rule, rarely spark interests in anyone. There are so many incomparable choices; some that widen your eyes or send a fast chill down your spine, but none that grip your heart and abandon you there, yearning for more. All of those are in the locked attics of these Life buildings and only the most strongest and courageous of people climb the steepest of stairs, to finally reach forth into the opaque light of the unknown and retrieve what is rightfully theirs. For what you want is what you deserve, Noah whispered, urging himself forward. Life is like the storms we stood within back in South Carolina, when Summers were late and tempestuous. The wind's lips curled up in disgust and spit at us, over and over, until our clothes and hair were drenched in wastes. The skies bellowed in pain and forced our ear drums to ring alongside the sting of her broken heart, because the last thing she wanted was to be alone, so we stood there. We consoled her and she screamed and threw her fists downward onto the clouds, until they broke open like herself and their life drained into us.

Noah had to think of something, anything to say that would common the sense inside his son's mind. He should say, he thought, I love you and I love you means protection, kindness, loyalty, and respect; the four most important things in life. For if you protect anything, you protect what it is that means most to you - whether it be: a video game, a raindrop, or your mother's memories. Secondly, use kindness in all places, especially those dimmed in light and without such, for they are the places in which needs them most. Thirdly, practice loyalty in everything, for who you are is what will always be and you will want that to be true to its stature. And lastly, respect; for if you have no respect for what surrounds you, you have no respect for yourself, and in the act of disrespecting - your soul sleeps. You never want your soul to sleep. Because life is not forever, just like childhood is not forever, and tomorrow you will be more a man than you were today. What I say may not mean much to you now, but I wish it did, and I pray that such counts for something in your hands, for it is important to me. And you. If you do as I have said and value my advice, you will too learn that Life is not about climbing, but merely enjoying the beauty of which rocks your feet may be on. Enjoy where you are while you are there, because you may not be there long in person, but you will always be there for lasting moments in which you will want to remember with joy. So, when you have your own son, you can reveal to him the secrets of happiness whereas no one else has discovered and you will carry the ability to finally tell him that: In Life, there are no facts, only that of which you believe, so make what you believe something utterly beautiful and perhaps, others will want to believe in such with you. Then, when that happens, you will see reason and reason will mean more to you than one million facts ever could.
© Copyright 2010 phoenizx (phoenizx at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1685593-New-Exercise---Facts-Of-Life