*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1685744-Created-For-The-ShortShots-Contest-June
Rated: E · Short Story · Emotional · #1685744
What will Jess do with her life after what had happened? Will she live or die?
It started on the day of June 16th, the terrible day that flipped my life upside down. It was the day that my whole family died and I was the only one left. I felt completely alone in a world filled with people.

What has happened, God? Why did you do this to me? I am left alone with no one and now i know what I must do, since I have no one. YOU LEFT ME WITH NO CHOICE!!!!!! I was on my knees, tears streaming down my face, my face towards the sky, and talking to god as best i knew how.

It was two days after I had walked into the house to find my six-year-old sister, 8-year-old brother, and my parents all dead and bleeding on the kitchen floor. The funerals were over and I felt terribly lonely. The sky was spitting down freezing raindrops and the wind was whipping my hair like cobras ready to strike.

Suddenly, a lightning bolt struck the tree that I had been sitting under and the tree caught on fire. I knew that I was going to die if I didn't move, but that was exactly what I wanted. So I waited there just hoping that I would die quickly and join my family.

I had one thought before a flaming tree branch fell on me with amazing force. God help me and forgive me.

I woke up in a hospital two weeks later and started crying. I had not died. I had lived.



Word Count:257
© Copyright 2010 ~Darkness Angel Blood~ (sportlover14 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1685744-Created-For-The-ShortShots-Contest-June