*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1685766-Dreams-of-Happiness
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Drama · #1685766
A seven chapter story about friendship, love, acceptance, and choices.
CHAPTER 1

Light shined in through the plain curtained window, signaling the beginning of a new day. A door creaked, slowly opening as a female voice called out "You're going to be late for school, get up" before the door slammed closed. A soft groan escaped the small figure that kicked the sheets from his bed and hopped to his feet. Cinnamon fur brightened at the feel of sunlight brushing against it, spots as brown as chocolate brightening from the black they appeared in the dark.

He sighed running a hand through his hair, looking around with his dull hazel eyes. He grabbed his favorite enclave shit, pulling it over his head, next to his shorts the color of dirt. He flipped the cargo pockets back in, and buttoned them as he looked at his shoes with distaste. He pulled his socks on and the uncomfortable shoes, and walked down stairs.

Greeted by yelling on the phone and the back of a recliner he grabbed a cereal bar, his backpack and headed out the door, still pulling his jacket on. Soon he arrived at New Gerese middle a shitty little school in his shitty little town. The arrival at school was simple; he walked in and sat down in his classroom. Though soon the room soon blurring as he began to doze off from lack of sleep. His nap was short lived before the grey fennec teacher, Mrs. Derango called him up.

He struggled to stand and stumble over to her, his jacket half on and his eyes closed. His legs swayed under him as the class watched and stared at the boy who was asleep standing. "Class, today we have a new student, this is Simon, he just moved here" she said smiling. Simon just closed his eyes again, not answering any of the questions. In front of him a small rabbit boy waved wearing a black paint stained smock.

The boy waved enthusiastically while a dark clothed young vixen just smirked making a comment that he was just another new kid. Simon shook his head as Mrs. Derango asked him if he wished to say hello, he shook his head no going back to his seat. While the rabbit went quiet, the vixen just took her time gloating quietly how she had been right. Simon quietly began to sing to himself, feel good drag, his favorite song from Anberlin.

While the rabbit quietly listened the vixen signed and passed him a note, which soon reached Simon. He took his sweet time opening the note, as he read to meet them outside after the last bell he crumpled the paper placing his head back on the desk. As the last bell came, he sighed walking past Mrs. Derango who wished to talk to him.

He stopped only to watch the rabbit pick his sketches up, Simon giving him quiet compliments on a few. "T-thanks" he said looking up at Simon "Vicky keeps making fun of them…" Simon shook his head frowning "She shouldn't". He smiled at Simon "its okay, I know I need to improve sooner or later…" He held his hand out "I'm Leon" Simon took it giving it a shake "I'm Simon". So it seems Simon had gotten a friend, this made him feel somewhat better.

"Pleased to meet you Simon" Leon said smiling wide at him. "You want to meet Vicky? She kind of wanted to meet you behind the school, but you uh… the note…" He coughed looking nervously at him. Simon frowned "I don't know why, I'm just a simple nobody".  "Oh no! Don't think like that" he said quickly "Everyone is someone" he said watching Simon fold his arms in front of him. "Erm… Alright lead the way… I don't know my way around". As Simon followed Leon slowly out of the school and around back he listened to him and Vicky.

"I was talking to Simon" Leon said getting excused for being late, Vicky walked over to Leon introducing herself, getting a quiet reply from Simon. She yawned "Nice to meet you Simon, you like the town so far?" she asked making Simon shrug "It's alright… um… I guess" he muttered looking at the sky. "So, what do you think of the school so far?" Vicky asked pressing on, "It's all so boring" Simon muttered "Except Mrs. Derango's class… I like her class…"

"Yeah she seems nice enough" She said with a yawn as Leon drew on the ground with his foot. Simon frowned "She is very nice". Leon nodded agreeing "She doesn't get mad at me for doodling" he said with a light chuckle, Simon simply nodded. "What was she talking to you about anyway?" Leon asked getting nosy, Simon just shrugged "She invited me over to her house"

"Oh really now? Her house?" He asked innocently, earning a nod from Simon "Yeah, she wanted to talk to me". Leon and Vicky giggled "Aww that's kind a cute" Vicky pointed out making Simon nervous. They both stopped as they noticed "Oh! Sorry we didn't mean to sound mean... it's just… cute" they both said to Simon who looked away. "O-oh… I'm still sorry" Leon whimpered, Vicky just shrugged walking off as she waved bye. "I can't keep her waiting goodbye Leon" Simon shouted running off.

CHAPTER 2

The front door opened slowly, a small form slowly walking into the living room, bare feet padding across the royal blue carpet as Simon looked around Mrs. Derango's home. From what he could tell the house was nice which brought jealousy up in his heart, he wanted a nice place to live instead of with his horrible parents. Startled by a voice Simon turned quickly to look at the cheetah, he had seen him at school.

"So, you must be Simon, it's a pleasure to meet you" he said with a smile, "Mrs. Derango, your student is here" He called before taking his attention back on Simon "I hope your enjoying your new school" He said fixing his white shirt. Simon nodded to him "Yes sir…" he said nervously "Be right down" Mrs. Derango's Voice shouted "W-who are you?" Simon asked him.

"I am Professor James Stein" he said smiling "Or simply Mr. Stein, I'm not surprised you haven't seen me. I suppose you're not one of my students." He said laughing at the obvious. Taking a cookie from a bag he grabbed from nowhere he took a bite offering Simon a cookie. Looking at it he slowly reached out taking one "Not too many cookies Mr. Stein" Mrs. Derango whispered to him from behind.

"Bah just being friendly, besides I want to eat as many as I can, before my hog of a sister gets to them" Mr. Stein said smiling at both of them. "Speaking of which, Have you seen her Simon?" He asked "I know it's your first day but you can spot her going to class by class with books" Mr. Stein said. Simon was about to talk but Mrs. Derango answered for him "I don't think Simon gets out my class much".

"Oh really now? I suppose there is a good and bad to that actually, the girl stumbles at times." At the thought of his sister falling, Stein couldn't help but to laugh again. "She gets it all from grand mum. Well then," he coughed, patting his bag, "I suppose I should leave. You two have much to discuss about, so I hear." He gave the two a wink, slowly rising to a stand. "Alright Mr. Stein thanks for stopping by I will walk you to your car" Mrs. Derango said to him smiling. Simon waved good bye watching them with a small smile.

"Bye Simon!" Mr. Stein called out to Simon, waving goodbye back as he left. He made his way to his car "He appears the opposite of what I've heard," he said to Mrs. Derango as he got in. "Its cause of me, Simon always feels more comfortable when I'm around him" She said leaning down she smiled giving him a wave "Bye Mr. Stein we can get coffee together tomorrow". "Of course," Stein smiled back at her, turning the engines on. "I await the time. Now to go for that pig of a sister." He chuckled, driving off to home. Mrs. Derango smiled and waved goodbye.

Smiling Mrs. Derango went inside and sat down next to Simon "Care to talk about your first day?" She asked him. He looked at her "I met these other two, Vicky and Leon, they were nice." He said leaning back in the chair "That's good your already making friends" she responded smiling. He shook his head "I don't think I can ever get real friends… just… school friends." She frowned at that and shook her head "Maybe you need to be more open, talk more instead of just responding."

He shook his head quickly "No, I don't want to" he said looking up at her. Mrs. Derango sighed and hugged Simon "Maybe not now… but I know you will eventually" she whispered feeling Simon hug her back. He closed his eyes tired at the long day and when Mrs. Derango picked him up and laid him on the couch he was fast asleep. She sighed going to give his parents a call he would be staying the night.

CHAPTER 3

The school bell, ringing fifteen minutes after the first bell signaled the late bell. The home room door bursting opened as Simon panting from exhausting himself on the run to school. "Late again" the teacher tsked shaking her head at him. Nearby Vicky giggled a bit, but was quickly silenced by Leon. Both waving hello to him Simon returning the wave with a small smile, it had been two months since befriended the two siblings, sitting next to them after giving the class a look over he gave them a better smile "Hey".

"Good morning" They both said, Leon giving a yawn as he went back to his doodle. "Morning Leon, Morning Vicky" he said to the two before slowly leaning over to inspect his drawing, which turned out to be Vicky as a fire breathing dragon "You like?" Leon asked giggling after noticing he was peeking. He tried not to laugh "Yeah, I do, where is the knight in shining armor?" he asked leaning back in his chair. "No knight could withstand the wrath of Vicky the Dragon." He whispered with a snicker. Vicky peeked over and rolled her eyes. "Oh please Leon, at least TRY to make me look menacing.".

By now Simon was physically shaking trying not to laugh, trying not to be mean. "Is that even possible?" Leon asked vicky before taking a bonk on the head from her "ow!" Leon yelped rubbing his head, Simon coming to defend him. "Hey don't hit him!" he said quickly "Its okay Simon, Leon is durable, he couldn't feel a bug bite unless it had knives for teeth" she said rolling her eyes, Simon blinked "Like I knew" he huffed leaning back in his seat.

Leon smiled and began rummaging through his sketchbook. yawning with a stretch Vicky turned. "So, you guys study last night?" She asked in a calm tone. "S-study? For what?" Simon asked confused "Well...sooner or later we're going to have a test right? We'd better be ready!" Vicky said pumping a fist into the air. Leon smiled taking out a picture of Simon in a soldiers uniform, drawing his attention from Vicky "What do you think?" he asked, to earn a big smile from Simon "It looks amazing".

Leon smiled wide "Thanks! It took me forever to get the shading right" he said with a big sigh of relief. "It really is nice, I never pictured myself a military man, Now I can" he said grinning. Taking a look at the picture Vicky cooed "You look kinda cute as a soldier Simon" This got a big laugh from Leon but just made Simon blushing and go speechless, first real compliment he got. Simon cleared his throat "Yall want to come over after school?" he asked for the first time, after witnessing Vikcy bonk Leon once more.

"Huh? Oh sure" Vicky said happily earning a groaning nod from Leon, Simon smiled feeling proud of himself. They all smiled before quickly getting to their work, all the chattering had put them behind. As school ended many hours later, Simon opened his front door, only to be pushed aside or be trampled by his rushing mother who got in the car and fled to a meeting. Both Leon and Vicky were saddly ignored in their attempts to say hello, Simon rubbed his arm where he had hit the wall.

"Are you alright?" Vicky asked silently, Leon was busy glaring at Simon's mom, he just shook his head "Its fine, she is just in a rush" he answered walking in. Walking past his step dad in a chair, he closed the door once the two were inside.The siblings took a moment to look around, seeing his room was cluttered with clothing, toys, games and his walls wearing posters of musical bands.Vicky yelped tripping on some clothing falling on the bed "geeze, look at all of this" she muttered, Leon simply smiling "I got paint stains all over my room".

Simon laughed at this jumping up on his bed "Think you two could sleep over?". Taking a minute to think they looked at each other "I don't think they would mind..." they looked at Simon and nodded, making Simon smile wide "Awesome!" Relaxing with grins on their faces they watched the ceiling quietly "Want to play Halo 3?" Simon offered.Vicky jumped up at the offer, but Leon seemed hesitant "You got little big planet?" he asked only to earn a sorry no from Simon who was already getting ready to play with Vicky.

Shrugging in defeat Leon simply watched, time flew by the multiple games ending with Simon the victor he threw his hands up with a loud cry of joy. In disbelief Vicky shook her head, looking at Simon who was now laying quietly by Leon both their eyes closed. The next day Simon frowned in class, a project was given out detailing that they must write down the lyrics of a song they loved, or one that they make themselves. He shook his head knowing this was going to be a failure, and what they said after it made him shiver, there would be a half year event where the songs would be sung.

He shook his head and headed out of the school as soon as the bell rung, No, this couldn't be happening. Not something like this, music was his friend they wouldn't turn it into a problem for him. He slowed to a stop, a memory awakening that made him almost cry, he remembered his mom's voice, his real mothers voice, singing a song to him.

CHAPTER 4

The weather gloomy and Grey, still held a occupant, Simon the young man sitting quietly in the small town's square. The fountain still on, a cold wind blowing by, his Ipod on high, plugging both ears. In his hands he was writing song names down, for the project. He failed to notice the otherside that someone bundled up tightly in several layers of thin clothes was sitting across from him on the fountain, dropping pennies into the water. Simon couldn't hear the plunking of pennies, but he soon felt a few drops of cold water, his simply white T-shirt and brown shorts did little to keep his shiver down "Wha...".

Her ears flared out as she heard him. "Oh. Sorry." she said, plopping in another penny. A black-furred pomeranian with long, poofy hair. She tightened her scarf and eyed the glittering coins below the water. Taking the earphones from his ears, looking at her quietly for a moment he asked her "What are you doing?". "Wishing" she told him, offering a shrug "What are you doing?" she replied, "Same, just for a song" she giggled "Whats your name?" He blinked and told her.

"Simon huh? Well I'm fiibii" she said with a smile, "Never heard that name before" "Well your name sounds nerdy" she countered, Simon crossing his eyes getting a laugh and grin from her. "What time is it?" she asked quickly, to learn from Simon a quarter past five, she cursed quietly "I'm gonna be late, can you drive?" Simon blinked "Your crazy, I'm fifteen". She huffed "Its easy just turn the wheel and steer" she frowned as Simon shook his head "I don't have a car either".

"We can borrow one!" she said with a wink looking around for a car in the parking lot with the keys still inside. "What!? No thats stealing!" he said quickly jumping up, she looked at him "We're gonna bring it back, I promise". He glared at her as she found one with the doors unlocked "Idiot" she said jumping in, watching Simon crawl in after a long pause. He put the keys in the ignition and turned them, the car bursting to life, he gulped looking around.

"This is wrong, so very wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong" Simon muttered "Oh shut up and drive!" she shouted, Simon jumped and hit the gas too hard, the car shot down the street earning a startled scream from Simon. He tried to keep the car from crashing into anything and barely missed a street lamp. He quickly found the breaks and hit them, getting a nasty bruise from the steering wheel as it hit his chest. "Thats it, I'm through!" he said quickly getting out. "What?" she whined, "Hey! Get back here!" She jumped out of the car and ran over, grabbing him. "What's your problem?".

"I just Grand Theft Autoed a car!" Simon screamed "I'm going to be in so much trouble!". She frowned "You got no nads really, I'm gonna get in trouble to for being late!". He snarled and began to walk away "Were you born a complete fun sucker!?" she called after him, getting no reply. The next day, Simon again late for school found himself bursting through the door of the class room. He smiled walking over and sitting by Vicky and Leon, only for a few paper wads to hit him.

He frowned looking around for it, another few hitting him, then he saw her, sitting there the girl from before he almost screamed. She threw more paper at him "Hey fun sucker" she muttered, he glared at her "Stop that, or else i'm telling the teacher!" he said almost normal volume from a whisper. She nodded and when he turned she threw a eraser, that was it he turned throwing it back at her. The teacher catching him at this.

"Simon! Did you just throw that eraser?" she asked quickly, "No! She started it!" "Its a lie!" she countered "Look at the paper all on his desk, he was planning to hit me with those". Simon glared at her, only for both of them to be sent out to the principles office. She grinned when the door closed "Good job, now we can skip class" she said stretching making Simon blink confused, this girl to him was so weird. He sighed shaking his head "No, I'm going to the princi-wah!" he almost shouted getting tugged "Come on lets go get some icecream."

"But I don't have any money..." he muttered "I do" she said smiling pulling Simon with her even though he tried pulling away. "So why come here?" she asked him, seeing as he frowned "My parent's have jobs that made them move here" he told her, she shrugged "Bummer I say, this place is terrible". He shook his head looking down at the ground "Sorry about yesterday" she said quietly, Simon looked at her "Its okay I guess..." he muttered, she looked up at him "You know" she said smiling a little "Your pretty cute" that comment earned a quick blush to rise on Simon's cheeks.

She grinned giving Simon's cheek a push, causing him to step back and away from her. "What?" she asked frowning, "I don't like it" he told her quickly rubbing his cheek. Her ears slowly lowered, "Oh..." he muttered quietly, getting a look from Simon "What?" he asked her. She stuck her tongue out at him, "Nothing" she said looking forward, only to see they were back at the fountain which they had met. "Would you look at that" she said pausing "Want to stop?" she asked Simon nodding take a seat on the fountain.

"I'm tired" Simon whined softly. "Oh, yeah- you've had quite a workout." she huffed sarcastically, sitting down, Simon glaring at her "Shut up". She gave his ear a small tug "I'm joking" she huffed, Simon made no effort to stop her really.She leaned over, and gave his cheek a small kiss, making Simon blush. He looked at her eyes wide and slowly a small smile came to his face.

CHAPTER 5

The late bell rung, students running to their classes, only one running from them. Simon, going to skip school with Fiibii. It has been two months since their first meet, and after a bit the two had hit it off. He smiled seeing her on top of a car, worshiping her hair in a mirror, running over he pounced onto the hood with her. "Hey nads!" she said, looking up from the small mirror in her hand. "You're here early.". Taking a look at his watch he blinked "How so?", "Maybe I just don't see you around this early. Anyway," she yawned giving her legs a stretch "Wanna skip class today?".

Laying on his back he nodded "Yeah", "I think I've transformed you into another me." she gasped. "Hey! Get off my car!" someone screamed, running towards them. "Crap! A senior! Bail!" Fibii yelped, jumping off the hood and fleeing to the opposite side of the parking lot. Simon did the same, but his body, not in perfect shape could not outrun him, getting caught the man and his friends threw Simon roughly into a dumpster. Having hit his head, Simon groaned slowly standing in the Dumpster, Fiibii running over shaking her head at him.

Getting out she hurked at the smell, Simon frowning "Thanks, I'm gonna run home" he muttered "Let me come with, were skipping anyway". He thought for a moment then shrugged as she looped her arm with his, smiling he took the longer road home, before heading inside his home, tossing his backpack aside. Vanishing upstairs, Fiibii was left downstairs, She eyed the inner home curiously, setting her purse down next to Simon's pack she began to explore. It was a simple home, three bedrooms, two baths, living room, kitchen, a simple home.

Finding little interesting, she began to rummage through Simon's book bag, inside was basics, books, papers, a picture of the two of them. She smiled at the photo, He was laying on the ground, smiling at the camera, she was on his back sitting on him like he was a mattress. Tucking the picture away she smiled, "Hurry up stinky, or I'm going to go through your room!" she got a reply of Your stay out of there, from Simon. Creeping down the hall she searched the rooms till Simon's was found, she found nothing but clothing, games, toys, and a few posters, a another picture of them. She tucked the other picture away and turned to see him walk into the room, wearing a clean outfit.

She smiled at him "I like the pictures" he smiled back "Yeah, but being near you is better". Something she didn't do often, blushing occurred after that, Simon cheered "I did it!". She gave him a shove, landing on his back, laying on his bed smiling "Got you to blush". "its just hot, and my face turns red when it is!" she snarled, he stuck his tongue out at her. She grabbed his tongue, making him squirm "So whats on the agenda today?" she asked him. He tapped his chin in through as she jumped off the desk, and with a smile took out the picture, he looked over her shoulder inspecting them. "Your kind of a weirdo" she told him, Simon looked confused "For keeping pictures of us" she told him, he rolled his eyes not understanding how such a thing was weird.

"Well what now?" she asked soon becoming bored, Simon thinking quickly jumped off his bed "We can go see a movie". She smiled at him "That sounds nice" he said sitting up, Simon looking around for his money blinked "Anything you want to see?" he asked only to get a murmur of "Something funny...". He stopped trying hard to think. "How about the invention of the lie?" she offered he nodded with a smile. As she went downstairs to get her purse, he passed her waiting by the door. He huffed frowning "We are walking" he said looking at her, after she had hooked her arm with his asking if his parents had a extra car. "Please?" she whined only to get a shake of his head and a stomp on his foot to the poor floor.

She frowned and huffed "Fine nadless..." she muttered her hand getting a squeeze from Simon. Pulling her jacket hood up and headed down the steps, nose in the air. "Hmph." with Simon following her with a sigh.Soon she looked at him, sticking her tongue out at him, only for him to grab it. She gave him a nasty bite on the hand, making him yelp rubbing the mark. She grinned at him, as he followed behind her, She whined that her feet her, Simon sighed "Fine... want a piggy back ride?".

That earned a grin from her, "Are you sure you can carry me, macho man?". He blinked and nodded "I can try". She walked over behind him, jumping up onto his back, he grunted his knees shivering before he began to walk once again. "You make me feel fat..." she muttered earning a shake of the head from Simon "Your not". She yawned, setting her head on his, making him wonder how much longer the walk would be. She motioned towards the distant movie theater, he looked nodding. "You tired yet?" she asked him looking down, "Yeah... getting there..." he muttered.

She wiggled off his back as he looked at her. He grinned back, as she grinned at him, taking his hand and leading them to their destination. "You did bring money right?" she asked him, swirling around to face him, Simon nodded and smiled at her. "Got enough for tickets?" she asked getting a nod in return as he went ahead and paid. The movie was a success in the end, Simon walking out with Fiibii.

Fiibii hooked her arm around his as she dragged him down the theater stairs, "That wasn't a total waste of time," she joked. Simon blinking looking at her "I thought it was really good". Smiling at him, she gave his ear a tug "Who cares what you think?" she asked, making him frowned a little. She made a face to copy his "I was only joking" she stated, making him blush a little "Oh...". She huffed and dropped him towards the bottom of the stairs, making him reply quickly "I need to head home.

"How come?" she asked with a frown, Simon smiling a little "Parents will be pissed that I skipped school today.". "They don't have to know" "But they will know, I have to go Fiibii" he told her, shaking off her attempt and running off "I will call you!".

CHAPTER 6

"W-what!?" Simon screamed, his parents hadn't yelled at him, but this blow was much worse "Yes Simon, we are moving, we got offered a job elsewhere" they told him. Simon shook his head, and turned sprinting upstairs, he locked his door and threw himself on his bed, banging his fists "No, no no no!" he screamed "Simon open this door!" His mother called, he didn't move, he laid there, till sleep took him.

Simon got up in the morning, again he skipped school, but avoided Fiibii, unable to build the courage to have to tell her, he avoid Vicky, and Leon as well, distancing himself. His grades began to drop in that month, his parents too busy setting up arrangements for them to notice. And in this time, Simon had called his local social worker, it turned out, if Simon could be adopted by a family in town he could stay, this only crushed his hopes.

Simon had to build up the courage to tell them, he spent all day and night, talking to himself in the mirror. But it was no use, in till a day before he was to leave, he confronted them, telling them what had to be done, and that he would be leaving, and with tears in his eyes, he fled before they could reply. That night, he answered a call from Fiibii, she told him if he stayed, she would try to talk her parents into adopting him.

He hanged up on her, too hurt to try and hope, to let her put it in him. He cried himself to sleep that night, and in the morning he sluggishly grabbed his suitcases, and slowly dragged them to the car. Tears rolling down his cheeks slowly as he threw them int he car. As he got in, he broke down in sobs, remembering all the events in his small time in this town, his dreams of happiness.

He began to recall everything, his first meeting with his first two friends here, Vicky and Leon, the two siblings had been his friends from the start, Vicky's attitude, and Leon's drawings had been his favorite things in his day. Then there was Mrs. Derango, and finally... Fiibii... the girl he had fallen in love with. He clenched his fists, and pounded the armrest, crying fully now.

CHAPTER 7

The sound of a plane engine snapped Simon awake, his eyes gazing out the nearby window. He began to think about the six months he had been here, the good, the bad… his friends… his enemies… his love, and his loss. He shook his head and sighed; glad it was going to be in the past, his new home in sight.

He knew by now, they would be singing the songs everyone picked out; he knew his song would go unsung. He closed his eyes again, but the memories continued to break through his block. He closed his eyes tighter, he didn't want a reason to stay he wanted to leave, to vanish, he wanted to vanished like his parents.

The auditorium was full of loud singing, some on key, much of it off key. Mrs. Derango was looking wildly for Simon, hoping he had decided to stay. His friends Vicky and Leon were looking for him as well "Simon!?" Mrs. Derango called. His song was coming up and he wouldn't be here.

He clawed his arm rests, shaking his head. He bit his bottom lip, I swear I'll never be happy again, He promised himself. But soon he felt wet tears began to slowly run down his cheeks, he opened his eyes looking to the side, his step father and his step mother to his left. He remembered how little they ever showed him the love he needed.

They appeared one by one in his head, his friends… Vicky... Leon... His family Mrs. Derango... Dr. Rodrigez... Mr. Stein... and her… Fiibii. His eyes opened wide and he looked at his father's hot coffee, making his choice.

As Simon's song was put up to be sung, no one did, near the end Mrs. Derango frowned and stood, beginning to sing it loudly "La, la la la la la la! Till everybody's singing!" Soon Vicky and Leon stood and began to sing along with her "Till everybody's singing!" including Mr. Stein "La, la la la la la la".

Fiibii stood slowly, looking around not seeing him she knew he had left, getting out her seat she began to walk towards the exit only for it to burst open. Simon stood in the doorway, leaning against it to support himself as he panted for breath. His shorts sporting a painful coffee stain on its crotch.

Everyone looked back to see him there, he ignored their looks walking over to Fiibii and smiled panting still "I made my choice" he whispered. She smiled shakily, close to crying she ran the short distance of a few steps and hugged him tightly, he hugged her back just as tightly crying with her.

His friends, his family, ran to hug him, everyone embracing him telling him how happy they were he would be staying. "I-I… I need somewhere to live…" he told them, Fiibii smiled at him "I'm sure my parents wouldn't mind…" she said shyly.

He smiled at her, he has never been happier, wrapping his arms around her, planting his first kiss on her lips, tears running down both their cheeks. He decided that he no longer had to dream, it was time to wake up. "Now everybody's singing! La, la la la la la la".
© Copyright 2010 Themindsofmany. (doomie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1685766-Dreams-of-Happiness