*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1685876-Appearances
Rated: E · Short Story · Drama · #1685876
Molly told her about Ted's infidelities. Now one of them had to live with it.
A waterfall of tears streamed down Amber’s cheeks as she drove into the dark night. The words still rang in her ears from her best friend, Molly – “I think he’s cheating on you.”

Her mind raced with many images of Ted – Moonlit walks on the beach, candlelight dinners at far away restaurants, and cruises on the Caribbean. Wealth did have its advantages, but she always knew he blamed her.

The rain smacked the windshield in large, popping drops. The smell of alcohol mixed with lemonade still faint upon her breath. She attempted to calm her nerves with a few drinks before getting in the car and confronting him. Her swimsuit still felt damp from the pool party. She gripped the wheel even tighter. Her anger welled up inside her.

“Who is it Ted?” She spoke aloud. “That hussy Cassandra I bet.” She clenched her teeth at the nauseating thought. “She’s always had a thing for Ted.”

Amber pressed the accelerator harder as the rain thumped on the glass like pounding hooves. Lightning flashed in the sky revealing the tumultuous sheets of rain flooding the road.

“I can’t believe he’d throw us away. Just because I have cysts on my ovaries, doesn’t mean we can’t…” A flash of headlights frightened her. She jerked the wheel and slid off the road. The crumple of metal and breaking glass filled the night air. Water pelted her face. Blood streamed from her nose and excruciating pain shot through her left leg as blackness enveloped her.

………………..

“What happened?” Ted asked as he held Amber’s hand next to the hospital bed.

“She’d been drinking.” Molly recalled. “I know she was upset.”

“Why?”

“You know why. I told her about your little fling.”

“I can’t believe you. That was Kim. She agreed to be our surrogate.”


299 Words
Flash Story Must contain: Swimsuit, Lemonade, Waterfall
© Copyright 2010 BScholl (the0hawk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1685876-Appearances