*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1686519-Excerpt-from-Afraid-to-Read-the-Bible
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Religious · #1686519
Excerpt from my second book--"Afraid to Read the Bible?
These are in the book, "Afraid to Read the Bible?", pages 19, 20.

  Now to get you interested in the Bible I will list some items that you may not know of, but then again you may have heard about them. The items are in the Bible, and sometimes you do have to think on that item to see it. To me, it is a rewarding experience to find these items, as I love science. And to think that the Bible was written so many years ago and we are still finding items today that pertains to what is in the Bible.
    These articles in the Bible make it more than just a Bible. God gave us many clues as to what is in our world or around it. So think on all this as you read and study your Bible. Actually the ones I have listed are just a drop in the bucket of scientific items in the Bible. I have found over one hundred items using my computer, and I would think they would be in book form as well.
   
  Look up Jeremiah 33:22 (KJV) which was written 2500 years ago. It reads; "As the host of heaven cannot be numbered, neither the sand of the sea measured." In other words there are too many stars to count and in the early days of Israel they say you could see only about 1100 stars overhead. Just a couple of months ago the Hubble telescope gave us pictures of a new Galaxy with hints of more out there. So the host of heaven (or stars) cannot be numbered.
    Look up Job 26:7 (KJV) and this was written around 3500 years ago; "He stretches out to the north over the empty place, and hangs the earth upon nothing". Do you remember seeing pictures of a god or an animal holding up the earth, many years after this was written, even sailors with Columbus thought the earth was flat with many sea creatures. I do not know who it was that found the earth actually floats in space or what the date was. I will have to do some digging on that subject, (Or "you" could, then let me know.)
    Look up Leviticus 17:11 (KJV) which was written around 3000 years ago. It reads; "For the life of the flesh is in the blood". (Or, blood is the scource of life). Approximately 120 years ago they were still bleeding people to get the bad germs out of their bodies, and a lot of people bled to death. No blood, no life.

I have others in the book to get people a little interested in the Bible, but as I said above their are over one hundred items that I have found and I could go on, and on, and on, but I won't. I kept this book on the small side trying to get people interested in the Bible without getting bored with reading my book. Good luck to me. The book is only forty one pages so I hope it does the trick and people learn from it. Thanks for reading.
© Copyright 2010 GRAMPA ED (gramped72 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1686519-Excerpt-from-Afraid-to-Read-the-Bible