*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1687819-Chapter-1-Life-Sucks
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Young Adult · #1687819
A rough draft of the first chapter on my new book.
Life sucks. I mean, it really does. Some guy lunges at me. I turn side ways. I take my right leg and swing it backwards, while positioning my arm for an elbow blow. Using my right leg to create momentum my elbow connects with the guy's ribcage, while he's still lunging. All in 4 seconds. Dang it. I could've gone faster. “Remus,” my twin brother, Romulus calls. Another guy, this one looks like he overdosed on steroids, tries to attack me using a round kick. I bend down, avoiding it, and punch up while his leg is still straight. My punch breaks his leg. He pulls back his leg screaming, “I'll kill you, you son-of-a.” He doesn't get to finish. Before he had even began to react to my punch I had already stood up and was preparing for my next move. Before he finished talking I finished him off with an uppercut.



“Remus!” That was my brother calling me again. I look at my surroundings. I'm surrounded by about twenty-five men, passed out on the floor. I'm with my team, Romulus, Emily, Kate, and James. We were sent on a mission to recover a comrade that had been captured. The mission had sent us to an abandoned house. But everything that could have gone wrong did. We had been tricked, duped; someone set us up. As intelligent as I was supposed to be, I couldn't think of any possible suspects. The minute we had set foot into the building we were locked in. Stupid as we were we split up. Why had I let us split up? “Remus! Remus dang it! Help me!” I turned and saw my brother now on his knees clutching Kate in his arms. She was bleeding like hell. Where the hell had I messed up? I was supposed to be leading my team. Everything had been planned out so well. “What the hell is going on!” I looked up and saw Emily clutching a wound. “What the hell happened Remus? You said you had everything planned,” she yelled at me. “She's dying. My beautiful Kate is dying. What the hell were you doing? You were supposed to lead us. Why didn't you protect us, man,” my brother screamed as tears rolled down his blood stained face. He kept rocking Kate in his hands.



I looked over at Emily. She had already picked herself up and was getting ready to bust open the front door. It's amazing. Here her best friend was dead and she could still work calmly. “let's go,” she stated, void of any emotion. “Go? Go where! Everything's gone wrong! How in the world are we supposed to get out of here,” my brother asked. At that moment, James appeared from a hidden door to the right of Emily. James, who was usually the most carefree member of our team, looked like he'd seen death. He walked past me and placed a small device on the front doors. He took a couple of steps back and the device detonated. He walked up to the doors and pused them wide open. The whole time we had just been staring at him. He said nothing but just started walking out. Romulus picked up Kate and followed him. Emily looked at me, shook her head, and started leaving. I took one last look at the building and walked out. Everything that could have gone wrong had gone wrong. Five seconds later the house convulsed into a fiery explosion. As we walked towards who knows where I could only think one thing, “Life sucks.”
© Copyright 2010 Joe Schmoe (joesramblings at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1687819-Chapter-1-Life-Sucks