*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1688350-Revelation-Genesis-1
by Arkane
Rated: 13+ · Other · Sci-fi · #1688350
Once war comes to his home world a prince must seek the right for his people to fight back
Prince DaMarkus could not remember a time in his pampered young life that he felt this alone, this destitute. He reminded himself that the hike must be made as his forefathers had undertaken it so many times and so many years before. No food, no water, and no companionship just you and the gods. As it is at the beginning so shall it be in the end.
It had been three days since his royal vessel made berth on this barren wretched world. Three miserable lonely days filled with little more then the perils of his long journey.
         This marked the first time Prince DaMarkus would make the holy journey to Xenoght. No prior emergency in his short reign had called for the guidance of the gods themselves. That all changed with the bombing of Maas Tai.
         Nearly all of the thirty plus million inhabitants of the royal city on Tai perished under the hail of anti matter war heads in an unmistakable act of war. Almost every member of his royal counsels had advised an immediate and decisive response. Such an act of terrible cruelty must be meet with equal violence he recalled General Sang suggest.
         The Prince himself favoured a much more pacified reaction. Due in no small part because he understood a declaration of war would lead him here. Sweltering under the oppression of 120 degree heat, and headed to the one place in the universe that frightened him more then any other, The Holy Maw.
         “Turn back this place will not be desecrated with the foot steps of the unworthy.” Said a mysterious figure clad in dusty black robes. Prince DaMarkus had not even noticed the being until it gave its husky warning, and it caused him to give a surprised shout.
         “What I may lack in valour I hope will be made up for in blood. I am Prince DaMarkus Erikkson Tai the last heir to the Tai Dynasty. I’ve come to seek guidance from the gods.”
         The mysterious black robed figure leaped with astonishing agility and speed and within a matter of just a few seconds had closed the forty foot distance between them.
         “Are you aware what becomes of liars here within hearing distance of the gods?” asked the black roped figure as it jabbed a bone finger into the Prince’s chest.
         As the figure spoke his ropes shifted around his hooded face to reveal his features for the first time to Prince DaMarkus. The man’s skin was blacked beyond burnt exposed to the dessert like heat and sun rays for far too long. His teeth were rotted and broken and his breath smelled of decay fuelled mostly by the remains of small animals that he likely feed on to sustain himself. His eyes are what unnerved the Prince most. Vile orbs of yellowish brown hue that looked to the Prince to be made of rotten lizard hawk eggs.
         “I..I am aware of the repercussions of what happens to pretenders to the throne, and I have no intention of replacing you as the gate keeper of The Maw.”
         The black robed figure moves even closer to the Prince raising himself on his toes to look him directly in the eyes. “What a pity I would welcome such a rest. Have you brought a blade or shall we use mine?”  He licks his leathery lips at the mere thought of the coming ritual.
         “I have arrived prepared keeper.” The Prince takes a step back and removes a small bejewelled dagger from his travelling pouch and cuts across the centre of his palm. As bright crimson blood comes gushing from the fresh wound the keeper drops to his knees and drinks the flowing substance.
         After a moment the Prince removes a long piece of cloth from his pouch and wraps it around his hand to serve as a bandage.
         “It appears you are of royal blood my prince. You may enter freely.”
         As Prince DaMarkus ventured into the cave entrance to The Holy Maw he couldn’t help but wonder what insights he could hope to obtain from such obliviously primal and savage gods.
© Copyright 2010 Arkane (arkane at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1688350-Revelation-Genesis-1