*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1688793-A-Healthy-Education-1st-Place
Rated: E · Short Story · Educational · #1688793
A teacher giving a test on the last day of school. That's not cool.
I knew there was going to be trouble. I could feel it. Jacob Heisey did not like teachers who give a test on the last day of school. That’s just not cool. On the cusp of summer vacation and Mr. Plough, the health teacher, decided to measure his students’ knowledge? For once, I was on Jacob’s side. Mr. Plough deserved anything thrown his way.

Fourth period loomed, and we gathered at our usual lunch table. A scatter of students dotted the room, speaking of the impending test. Tommy Hiney, the nerdiest among us, even lambasted such an outrageous breach of teacher etiquette.

“I can’t believe it.” Tommy sucked on a spoonful of mashed potatoes.

“Believe it,” I responded.

“He’s got to pay.” Jacob’s face flushed with thought. Either that or he had constipation real bad.

“Just get over it,” I said.

“No. He won’t do this again. It ends here.” Jacob smiled. “Let’s go.”

“Where to?” Tommy tilted his head quizzically.

“You’ll see.”

We sneaked down the hall to Mr. Plough’s room.

“Good, he’s at lunch. Where’s Tommy? I told him to come right back.”

I shrugged. “Chickened out?”

“Nerd boy.” Jacob riffled through Mr. Plough’s desk and his eyes widened. “The tests.”

“Ok. I got them. All copied and everything.” Tommy whispered as he entered the room.

“Good. Attach it to the back of these tests. Hurry.”

We finished and the bell rang. We sat in our seats.

Mr. Plough eyed the students wandering in. A grim smile crossed his face, as he told Lisa, his pet student to distribute the tests.

After ten minutes, snickers filled the room. To this day Mr. Plough doesn’t know how a playboy centerfold complete with diagrams and labeling got on his test. He never graded it. He swore us to secrecy.

299 Words
Flash Story Must contain: Scatter, Trouble, Test


Editor's pick 8/10/11 Comedy Newsletter
© Copyright 2010 BScholl (the0hawk at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1688793-A-Healthy-Education-1st-Place