*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1689855-Power-Rangers-Star-Squadron-Episode-11
Rated: E · Script/Play · Action/Adventure · #1689855
Act 1 of a proposal for Season 19 of Power Rangers. Adapted from Tensou Sentai Goseiger.

EXT. A PARK. PRESENT DAY. SUNSET - EVENING

A lone figure, clad in a long trench coat, hidden by shadows, identity completely hidden. It's standing over a creature recently defeated, and the surroundings show it was a hard-fought victory. The figure leaves, noticeably showing the recent battle, limping away.

INT. "THE WATCHTOWER". PRESENT DAY. NIGHT

The figure enters through the door. It walks through the room, clearly showing the battle left it wounded, walking over to a computer. It takes off its coat and hood, and we see--it's a girl, and a cute one at that. fleetRebecca boots up the computer, inputs some code, and we see her face on the screen. She's recording a video.

REBECCA
I am sending this message out to all members of the Ranger Alliance.

EXT. VIEW OF EARTH. - MOMENTS LATER

We see the earth, and the signal Rebecca started to transmit begins to pulse away from it. It races through the solar system and eventually lands on a shimmering blue planet, appearing almost completely underwater. A few seconds later, five colored streaks pulse off the planet and back the way the signal came: RED, PINK, BLACK, YELLOW, and BLUE.

OPENING SEQUENCE.

INT. THE UNDERGROUND - AFTERNOON

The Underground is a hangout that the soon-to-be Rangers hang at. It might best be considered a coffeeshop, but in reality, it's a little bit of everything. Arcade games, pool table, dance floor (that's usually covered with tables). Teenagers are milling about, and we settle on EVAN and MATTHEW playing a game of air hockey. EVAN is smiling, clearly enjoying himself, whereas MATTHEW doesn't look as happy, and is concentrating a lot more on the game.

After a particularly nice shot that flew into the goal, Evan looks up, and begins to tease Matthew



EVAN
You know, there's nothing wrong with giving up, it's just a friendly game.

Matthew grabs the puck, puts it back on the table, scans across the table, lines up, and takes a shot. The puck takes off, bounces off two walls, and lands in the opposite goal easily. Evan is amazed.

MATTHEW
Then let's play.

EVAN
How'd you do that?

MATTHEW
When you know how something reflects off a flat surface, it's easy to figure out where it'll go


Evan just looks more confused now. Matthew sighs, clearly, he's said things that've gone over Evan's head before.

MATTHEW
I went all science-y on it. Come on, score's tied, next goal wins.

Evan grabs the puck, puts it back on the table, and they begin playing the final round. As they do, they keep talking.

EVAN
Hey, where are Emily and Brie? Weren't they supposed to meet us?


MATTHEW
Emily had to go shopping, although, she is kind of late.

Just then, they begin to hear two girls arguing.

MATTHEW
(Still Playing)
Ah, there they are.

Brie and Emily come over, talking over each other and arguing back and forth so much you can't understand anything they're saying. Eventually, they realize that Evan and Matthew haven't bothered to ask them what's wrong, and begin to stop arguing, Emily looks at Matthew a little offended, but Brie only smiles at Evan, like she's embarrassed he heard her yelling at Emily.

EMILY
Aren't you gonna say anything?

MATTHEW
(Still Playing)
I'm a little busy here. Besides, you two arguing isn't anything new. YES!

Matthew makes a lucky shot, sending the puck into the goal, and winning the game. Evan looks frustrated for a second, but them smiles, clearly happy for Matthew.

BRIE
Better luck next time, Evan.

EVAN
Eh, it's just a  game. Now, what's wrong?

The four move over and sit down at a table. LOGAN, in a waiter's apron, walks over and places bottles of water on the table, after they exchange "Thank yous"

EMILY
Oh, nothing, just that Brie found a "shortcut" that took us all over town. We didn't get to the music shop until it was closed. My feet are killing me.

BRIE
OK, so I got us a little mixed up.

EMILY
You got us lost.

BRIE
But on the bright side, we had fun, and we found that great smoothie shop.

EMILY
Yes, finding a really good Very Berry Smoothie makes up for dragging me all over Riverside.

BRIE
I don't know about the Very Berry, but the Strawberry Banana was worth it.

They all laugh.

INT. THE WARSTAR LAIR - EVENING

The Warstar lair is an extremely dark room. It doesn't appear to have any walls, only a metal-looking honeycomb to break up the blackness. Lepiderra is standing as his second-in-command Nicomina, a blue monster with horns sticking out all over his body enters.

NICOMINA
My Lord, our scanners have detected a long range transmission heading for Earth.

LEPIDERRA
Coming from where?

They both begin looking at a screen behind them. They see a starfield, which then has the five ranger colored streaks we saw fly off of Aquitar fly by.

NICOMINA
It's origins appeared to be on the planet Aquitar. We believe it's some kind of message, sir.

LEPIDERRA
It's not a message, it's reinforcements for the humans. Send Mantix to intercept before it falls into anyone else's hands.

NICOMINA
Right away, sir.

Nicomina walks out.

EXT. DOWNTOWN RIVERVILLE - NIGHT

We see Mantix, a red creature with Mantis blades for arms. He's standing in front of a tree in a small park, analyzing the night sky. He's waiting for something. Eventually he sees the streaks in the night sky.

MANTIX
Well, let's see you stop us without your friends' help.

He creates a large fireball between his hands, and aims it at the streaks. He fires, the fireball connects, and the streaks fall out off their course, and eventually fall out of the night sky. Mantix starts to walk toward where they appeared to have crashed, with his growl-like chuckling filling the night.

EXT. OUTSIDE THE UNDERGROUND - MOMENTS LATER

The Underground is starting to close for the night. Evan, Brie, Matthew, and Emily are walking out, laughing and talking amongst themselves.

BRIE
Hey guys, do you wanna go see a movie?

Before anyone can answer, the five streaks pass very close overhead, enough for their illumination to cast an eerie multicolored glow over the four teens, and cause them to duck. The streaks fly overhead, and offscreen, where they land with a sickening crash.

EMILY
What was that?!

EVAN
I don't know.

Evan stands up and starts to walk toward the crash, as he does Brie grabs his arm.

BRIE
Are you insane?

EVAN
Brie, someone could be hurt!

MATTHEW
He's right, let's go.

EXT. CONSTRUCTION SITE - MOMENTS LATER

The four of them start heading off in the direction that the streaks appeared to land. They arrive at a construction site, abandoned for the night, large metal skeletons reaching to the sky. When they get there, they run into Logan.

EVAN
Logan?? What are you doing here?

LOGAN
I just finished closing up the Underground, I was heading home when I heard the crash.

BRIE
Did you see what happened?

LOGAN
No. I just heard the crash and came over to see if anyone was hurt.

The five of them start walking through the wreckage, trying to find anything that might have been what they saw in the sky. Eventually, Matthew trips over a metal sphere. The other four come around and begin looking through the rubble, they ending up finding four more.

EMILY
What in the world are these?

They notice that they can be opened. Each of them grabs one, and they open them to reveal a small device, about the size of a remote, with what appears to be a human face on the front. They don't realize that they're the Star squadron Morphers. They each pick up the one directly in front of them. When they do, the devices glow with ranger-colored energy, Red for Evan, Black (or Purple) for Matthew, Blue for Logan, Yellow for Emily, and Pink for Brie. The glowing light then crawls up each ranger's arm, then disappears, almost becoming one with the ranger.

LOGAN
What just happened?

Mantix emerges from behind a partially constructed wall.

MANTIX
You just got yourselves into a lot of trouble.

Several Drones, green creatures armed with axes, jump out from behind him, and begin to move toward the teens.

BRIE
What are those?

EMILY
Do you want to hang around to find out?

BRIE
(Looks around)

No.

EVAN
Then RUN!

The five teens take off, with the Drones and Mantix following close behind. Evan grab Brie's arm, and begins to pull her along behind him, neither of them noticing her purse falling off her arm and landing half hidden between to large pieces of rock. Eventually, they duck into an alley, while everyone else walks straight by.
© Copyright 2010 Brandon Stanfill (bstanfill at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1689855-Power-Rangers-Star-Squadron-Episode-11