*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1690128-Crimson-Bride-part-1
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Tragedy · #1690128
Opposing kingdoms try to unite by marriage. Should personal love be sacrificed for peace?
Large pillars extend to the sky above, displaying a sense of pride and strength as they stand firm before the windy city. The cathedral demands attention from the people and shows no sign of inferiority. Grand church steps and the boast of the two mahogany doors mark the vastness of its welcoming. The combination of beastly gargoyles and stained glass protrude a tinge of eeriness, but is swiftly masked by public respect, by public fear. The darling to a true aristocratic community, heaven’s footstool.


Inside is held the union of two respective powers. A marriage. Not just to signify the hope of a lasting relationship between two people, but of separate entities as well. Brought forth by the desperation of their fathers, the prince and princess will wed as a symbol of compliance. A treaty signed by a kiss. An act that must be performed perfectly.


A colorless silence is but a mere veil over the malevolence that lurks on both sides of the isle. Ill willed glances and unheard curses, hidden by deceptive smiles, intertwine with the tensions of a long hated past. Steady hands resting on the heat of obliteration, not hesitant to react to a treasonous deed. Mindful of the opposing side, they watch carefully as the holy priest approaches the altar...
© Copyright 2010 Lyons Valentine (aznrac3r at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1690128-Crimson-Bride-part-1