*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1691169-retirement
Rated: E · Essay · Family · #1691169
rediscovering the love of my life
retirement

He's home so much now, less money, son out of the house. Sounds like and intro to a complaint? No. After 42 years of marriage you might think so. But we've been cuddling on the couch, watching favorite shows, talking and rediscovering each other. No not the hot and heavy sex of years gone by but gazes of substance, smiles of contentment, and a sense of security, no not in the area of finance(that's illusive) but secure in each other, lifelong partners. We've settled into the autumn of our lives with the winter soon to come but there's a different peace we've not known before. We call each other new endearing and funny names, share deep thoughts at times, eat together more often and argue in the classical sense. What has tutored us along the way to this lovely state? Unselfish love, deep respect for each other, saying 'thank you', 'please', 'I'm sorry' and 'I love you' often, and most of all having God in our lives. That may or may not offend you, never-the-less, it's been the key ingredient. We're 'one flesh' as the Bible puts it but we are two separate personalities there fore we give each other time and space. Life: how delicious it has been! sometimes sweet, bitter, bittersweet, sour.....ah but sweet!
© Copyright 2010 innocuous (liddie49 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1691169-retirement