*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1691213-Size-Zero
by DS
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1691213
About image
How can an adult be a size zero?
Linguistically speaking the term “Zero” means the absence of value, the lack of existence, the none. So, this is something you need to keep in your mind dear adults before you openly say you are or want to be a size zero. If you are walking into a store and asking for a size zero shirt, then you are asking for a shirt of no value. If you are a size zero then you have no size. Dear “Size Zero” people, your size simply means that you don’t exist and that your body frame is invisible. Again, I am talking here, in pure linguistic terms.

Having said that, I have to thank the dieting industry for giving lack of value a name, and more importantly I have to congratulate marketers working within this industry for making the term “Size Zero” an actual aspiration that many women slave to achieve.

It is this same industry that makes the size zero woman attractive in the eyes of the society, even if her size makes her have a child’s figure to compliment her adult mind.

It is this new found high value for the “Zero” that causes you to walk into a store and see clothes that are clearly not designed for adults. That said, these clothes are made the new mark of beauty. And, their very existence causes some pretentious shopkeeper to look at any normal adult apologetically to say that a full store has nothing their size.

Let’s face it, perceptions have changed, and it is these perceptions that cause young girls to start dieting at the age of 11. It is the existence of the “Size Zero” that makes ”the diet” the norm. And, yes it is the size zero mark that causes pharmacies to be stacked with pills that increase heart rates, raise metabolisms, play with brain chemistries , diminish appetite, and more. This inspirational “zero” mark makes the women of today openly say that it is ok for them to walk around with racing hearts as long as their figures are intact. The goal here is to be a “size zero”, so the meal should now be followed by an emergency plan to burn off everything it contained. The gym is the place to go to as homework . After all, you cannot live in the world if your size is in the two digit category. Well, ok you can but no one, and I mean no one would ever find you worth looking at if you do. People would only like your brain. That is only if you have time to fill it with anything other than the obsession to be a “size zero”.

Let’s face it, this is what the dieting industry is telling us. It is telling us that, in today’s world, we have to be as close to the “size zero” as we can be . That is, if we want to shop and if we want to be perceived as pretty dear women. Fat? yes the industry is screaming that we are fat if our size is in the two digits, and it is telling us that yes we should panic and start dieting if we don’t look like we are 12 even when we are above the age of 20.

The “size zero” is saying don’t read books, don’t have cake, don’t have fun, don’t go out. You simply don’t have time for that. Fun means you are wasting time, time that could be spent achieving that magic” size zero”. Instead run in the morning, go to the gym in the evenings, and eat carrots and cucumbers all day at work. That is, if you really insist on going to work and wasting time behind a desk instead of working out. While behind your desk find some way to burn calories, I don’t know you think about it. If, God forbid, you are invited to lunch starve yourself before and after the invitation date, because you can’t live in this world if you don’t. And, if you are invited to a wedding or any other occasion where you have to where a cocktail gown, buy a gown that is two sizes smaller than your size, and make fitting into it your immediate goal. If you are not a “size zero”, “one”, or “two”, that act would be simple because not one dress within this market will fit you anyway.

Your other option would be to go into a plus size store when no one is looking, and there you will find the ugliest dresses ever, but at least they fit. If you are in a plus size store, you deserve to wear ugly clothes. You are not a “size zero”. Also, forget what is inside your head, who cares! Be a “size zero” and the world of opportunities would open to you.

Here is the major question, if we all want to be a “size zero”, do we all not want to exist? If you are a size 12, do you exist 12 times more than your invisible size zero peers?

Thank you dear dieting industry for creating a generation of normal adults with low self esteem walking side by side in the world with adults trapped in children’s bodies. Thank you for making many good people in this world feel like underachievers simply because you place the decrease in numeric value as the ultimate value. People wake up, don’t be slaves to an industry that puts you down.
© Copyright 2010 DS (dshalabi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1691213-Size-Zero