*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1691273-A-War-Before-a-War-On-a-Pale--Horse
Rated: 13+ · Other · Action/Adventure · #1691273
Fiction Prior to World War One
The Rash'eed a cult originating from Persia, had expanded across Europe and even to China. Their origins date back to the beginning of time. Their most interesting story begins in the late 17th century.



1689 Seville, Spain

Now the mainstay for the Rash'eed Seville was the center of this ancient cult, although gentle in practice the Rash'eed were a militia organization bent on global domination. Their first target the great Catholic Church.



Spanish Military Inquiry Report 1695

To: King Valdez

From: General Raul



Upon your request my scouts have picked up transactions between what we now know to be the Rash'eed and the Egyptian Military. Radio waves accumulated  through this have designated something to the fact about ":Operation Hang him high" We are investigating into the matter and notifying the police to be prepared just in case.



No attack took place, instead Valdez outlawed the cult and had them banished from Spain.

About 12 to 15 years later, the Rash'eed reemerged in Rome, Italy whose members tried to live seemingly normal lives. Isolatedv groups were experiencing charismatic phenemenon such as tribal cleansing.



18th Century 1710



Pope Clement XI caught notice from the Spainish Government that the Rash'eed were mobilizing in Rome. The Pope issued a kill warrant on the entire clan for the ritual of human sacrifice and malpratice upon humans. The Rash'eed eventually suppressed by Catholicism,was forced to an underground network that eventually came to include a great number of present Cardinals and religious zealots at the time.



With the summon for a new Pope many members of the Persian cult saw this time as the time to exact revenge but without consent from the Hierarchy within. A small faction moved on the new Pope and had him executed, throwing  Catholics and Rash'eed in a never ending war, commoners picked up arms against the Rash'eed who in turn retaliated. 



Although the Leader of the Rash'eed had not authorized the slaying of the pope, he did however condone what this faction had done calling it a father step on the groups "Great Journey" saying publicly that the "Great Journey" stops for no one. Whilst many catholics at the time persecuted Rash'eed members that were found (which was very few), Rash'eed radicals pillaged and sacked many Italian cities raping women, molesting children and taking them as a Harem/Slaves.



The Ottoman Empire a mainly muslim nation which had little involved itself in European affairs sent troops to support the Papal militia against the Rash'eed.  A little more than 100 troops from the Ottomans were sent to occupy Rome and the surrounding city states.   



Seeing that Rome and the Catholic church may fall from a hostile attack by the cult the Spanish Empire sent close to 2000 fully armed and trained, combat ready troops. England, the Holy Roman empire and the Austrian-Hungary Empire followed suite closely thereafter.



Although these 4 nations were the most to contribute to the fight against the Rash'eed, no one nation sent as many troops as the Russian Empire whose numbers reached 50,000. These number of troops were needed to suppress Rash'eed movements due to gained support from northern Africa and Egypt.



The Egyptian military initialized a fully armed and operational army and navy, along with Algerian Mercenaries. A total of five years was spent fighting in the Mediterranean, Southern Italy and France



Due to the Russian troops being poorly trained and equipped they lost more than half of their fighting force. Therefore the present Czar pulled out the remaining troops from the battle field.



The Ottomans lost their entire force that had been sent in as the Rash'eed entered their main camp during nightfall and slaughtered them in their sleep.



Spain retaliated by sending in more troops to quell the hostilities and had the captured leader of the Rash'eed beheaded. Although they now had no leader in Religious matter the remaining Rash'eed joined the ranks of the Egyptian and Algerian forces.



English and Algerian forces occupied Rome in a 33 day war that English forces came out victorious due to weaponry and sheer man-power.



After the slaughter of Algerian forces the English purchased the Holy Roman Empire from it's king. Who in turn of friendship annexed the country to England under his governorship. Accepted by Spain as the Holy British-Roman Empire the two allied nations continued to hold the northern cities of Italy as Egyptian and Rash'eed forces held the south.



18th Century 1789



The United American Republic contacted by the British-Roman Empire mobilized a airborne strike on the Egyptian capital city of Cairo, but the attack was badly coordinated as many troops were dropped all over the country. After the attack the UAR mobilized the 94th Mechanized Infantry and the 94th Special War-borne divisions to move into Egyptian territory. Armed with the best weaponry beyond their time, American forces took southern Egypt with ease.



New to the American Arsenal was the newly created hummingbird fighter jet and Whale-bird carrier jet, based off oxygen fuel the jets were shipped to English forces trained by American fighter pilots allowing the English to turn the course of the war.





The Rash'eed knowing defeat was imminent evacuated its sects to it original homeland in Persia. Egyptian forces had low moral due to wasteful leaders and unsupportive populations back home. Many Egyptian soldiers abandoned the battle or committed suicide. The UAR abolished the governing system in Egypt and annexed the country. Egypt petitioned for a state position making it the 1st "oversea state of the United American Republic."
© Copyright 2010 Joshua Ware (abordeau at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1691273-A-War-Before-a-War-On-a-Pale--Horse