*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1691552-Addiction
Rated: E · Short Story · Inspirational · #1691552
How easy it is to achive an addiction,but harder to kick it!
    A lot of people who have addiction don't know how they got there nor do they know how to beat it.  I have a major addiction to prescrption medication, due to medical problems, Chari Malformation 1, which is where the  brain sits to low on the neck.  The left tonsil of the bain is lodged in my neck. When  shifted,nerveves are pinched, which causes extreme pain. It also causes a lot of apperehension, because if it happens to sticks, when it shifts, it can be deadly.  Because of this I have C 3,4, 5 and L2,3,4,and 5 that are bulged and causes extreme headaches, numbness that hurts  mainly in the arms, vertigo, to temporary paralysis from waist down, whichcan last up to five hours at a time.  S,i'll have to pull my arms or legs, back onto the place I'm lying on.

    I am also diagnosed with lupus which causes swelling and numbness in my extremities.  I try to avid direct sun and stress as possible, asboth cans cause me to break out intoo hives.  Lupus i have to take neuton, sometomes steriods when I break out in hives. Lupus breaks down the immunesystem and don't know the difference betweeen good and bad of what out body needs or don't need. Stress can cause flair ups too.


These medical problems require heavy narcotics, which are very addictie.  Studies have shown the addiction can also be inhereated through genes...  Peple who do not understand how serius theses medicdal problems can be, have no understanding of how we loose control to addiction.  It's also called addictive personality. 

    I also suffer from severe bipolar which also is a mental disability to people don't understand. There are more than five hundred Thousand of americans that are bipolar and don' even know it.  Bipolar ranges grom manic depression, PTSD, Scifriana, compulsive diorder and many more systoms best anser for questions about these medical problems the intenet has alot of information on them.

    I have to take for chari malforation 1 roxycodone 30mg 4 times a day, Percert every 4-6 hrs for break trough pain, soma musle relaxer, and xnax for anxity. These are just for the ChariMalformation 1. Yes alot of medication and all very addictive like I stated before easy to achieve and harder to kick.

   
    Bipolar I have to take haldog injections everymonth. I take seroquel, saprise, clondidne,and a mood stabilizer. Yes ths is alot of medication which also effects my veryday life. What happens when I don't tae my medication can even cause death.

    Not to long go i was at my best friends house and i didn't take my medication, me my best friend ad another friend was sitting on the porch just talking about my friends dream whenl I got up and started inside I turned aroun and toldmy friends I felt loopy as we call it. Theysaid I at down in the rocking chair put my cigerrate outwent into a seizure and lost consinous. They didn't know what to do at first then it dawn on them to all 911 ad 911 told them what to do. The got me out of the chair put a blanket on the porch moved everyhing so I didn't hit my head. Then they said I wole up ask then what teywer doing cause icould see hey were scared to death. They tod me they were on the phone with 911 because i had  sezure the they daid I went un consious again. Ittook paramdeis hour to bring mr back that was onlu because my mom showed up and told them all the mediction I was on and they shot norvan in my iv which brought me out of a toxic comma overdose. Related t the fact ididn't take me medication.

    I was trasportated to the hospital were i was put in icu emergency room. I'm telling yu god workd mircles. He took me out of the sestuation nd let me see what was going on ll i could see evrything going on even me lying on a gourney, but the hrdest part as me seeing my brothr and my son in y room at the same time my sister-in-law's mother was on the fourt floor dying of cancer. I kepy telling my brother to go be with her, but niether him nor my would leave the room and my brother kept telling the doctor to ceck and see if my body was toxic from all the medication I have taken.  finnally they id and sure enough where I have taken so much medicationmy body was filled with bad toxic becasuse I did;t take my meds that day my body released the bad toxic and caused metogointo a toxic coma.

    My brother told them i wasn't trying to overdose i just took alot of mication. They run all kind of test and thank god my body was just toxic if it hadn't been for my frieds and my mom the ambulance drier wouldn't hve inow what to do, but because my mom could tell them ny medication the we able t give me a shot that counter reacted te narcotics. That's the only reason I am hre telling thisstory.

    My brother is a cristain and really don't know ow to just stop taking the nedication its called ADDICTION an it will kill you. I don't take my medication as i am suppose to be , but i still takde to much. i just hope that this story will help those with their addiction and get help. Known fact you can't do itby yourself especially wit te meds tat i take. Ive changed my life spend more times with my kids and i have beome a beter mother just by cutingdown o medicatiooon to the level that I van function and think. If god hadn't taken me out of the isuattion and allowed me to see what could happen (death) and what would my kids and family would do.

    My brother coulcnt figure out how I got my medication till i explained my medical problems. He's a ittle more understandable, but still very much judgemental. I don't hink this will evr change. It'sa no wn sisuation.

  If you have addictiion and wantto change seek perfesssional help,but remeber in order toget hlp yu have to be honest wi yourself and your doctors.


                                                                                                                                                                                                              Thanks,
                                                                                                  Meg





© Copyright 2010 megbell (teebell348 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1691552-Addiction