*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1691935-On-Fetishes
Rated: 13+ · Other · Adult · #1691935
My thoughts on internet fetishes.
A fetish can be described as something that fascinates someone to the point of obsession. You've more than likely come across them on the internet somewhere.

I don't even know how I got interested in them. It wasn't something that developed over the internet, that's for certain. No, I remember when Animorphs came on on TV and I was all over that. It's sort of something that I just...liked.

Fetishes are a bit of a strange enigma over the internet. Well okay, that's an understatement. There is a virtual plague of them filling the cervices of even the most well known websites, like Youtube. Some disturb people, some intrigue them. There are some I don't quite understand myself but then most people probably don't know why I like watching or reading about someone blowing up like a balloon.

Do I hate them? No. It's fun to write about them and sometimes just as fun to read them. It's sort of like exploring your imagination even if it gets a bit adult at times. What I DO hate is the fact that in the back of my mind, I know someone's probably rubbing themselves off to what I write. And I suppose that's what most people hate about them too. Most Fetish stories on Writing.com can be considered as Erotica novels that you don't have to pay for, if you want to admit it or not. I've gone that route in some of my interactive stories, that's for freaking certain.

Writing is one of the oldest forms of art in humanity. Do I consider what I write a part of art? Short answer; no. Art for me is something you put your soul into making, but it can be anything at all. What I write is merely an expression of my imagination, something I half-heartily write in order to relieve stress. But do not misunderstand me. I'm not saying that Erotica is not art. Art is whatever you want art to be; it's an opinion of beauty and expression that only you have a say over. That's MY opinion of art anyway.

If you like shrinking, growing, voreing, unbirthing, stomping, scatting, inflating, transforming, morphing, gender changing, or weight gaining and consider it art that's your own business.

I don't know what I hoped to achieve by writing this, but it sure felt good. What do you think?
© Copyright 2010 Ëtalfni (eblmeg at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1691935-On-Fetishes