*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1692676-Dreams-Of-Ourselves
Rated: 18+ · Novella · Relationship · #1692676
Micheal and Emily fall in and out of love
Micheal gazed into his love's eyes. Emily had the most beautiful green eyes. He loved getting lost in them. When he looked into those beautiful eyes he knew that everything was going to be alright. Emily stared at Micheal's well sculpted jaw line, and looked into his baby blue eyes. He always had a look of innocence, which was one of the reasons that she loved him so much. He was gentle, he wasn't afraid of what anyone thought of them being together. Emily and Micheal knew that as long as they could hold each other, life would be amazing. What it is meant to be. The way it plays out so beautifully and perfect in a Hollywood movie. They had been together for twenty years, the most wonderful twenty years that anyone could possibly imagine. They had it all.

Micheal was an aging African American man his face had some signs of age, but his beautiful skin deceived everyone. He had managed to maintain his rock hard abs and strong pectoral muscles. He didn't shave his body, he was a manly man, lots of hair. He was the kind of man who looked good in a suit, looked good in casual wear, looked good in anything, and looked good in nothing. He was quite the distraction for all his female employees at his law firm. He was a man who fought for what he believed in, he was well raised by a single father who taught him to cook, clean and be respectful to women. Success had come easy to Micheal, he was well liked by all who knew him, lots of friends, lots of gorgeous women lusting after him. Micheal however only had eyes for his stunningly beautiful Emily.

Emily was an English immigrant, who came to America in the hopes of finding a husband. She found something better. Micheal a handsome man who seemed to have all the answers for the everyday problems of life. His intelligence matched his beauty. Emily had three feet of long reddish hair draped around her shoulders. It framed her face well. She had the looks of a woman half her age, and the experience of a woman double her age. Men had been hitting on her since she was 17, that's when she made the move to the States, a year she discovered Micheal in a restaurant with two friends. She gathered some courage and went and talked to him. She loved the way he listened to her, and made interesting comments to her relentlessly chatter. What really got Emily was when Micheal said in his own beautiful voice that her accent was very sexy. She blushed, something that had never happened to her before.

20 years later and a million dates later, Emily and Micheal had still managed to keep the magic alive within themselves. They and they alone knew what love was. People could speak of true love, but a love like Emily and Micheal's has never been before or since. They never married because they enjoyed going out to much, the sex felt amazing and like a good wine better with age, the longer they made love the better it felt. They never wanted to feel anything else. One could say that they were addicted to each other, the beauty, power and intelligence they each had was doubled when they were together.

As Micheal sat with Emily in his arms under their oak tree he smelled the scent of the ocean mixed with the scent of her hair, it must have been a new shampoo but he wasn't complaining.

"Wake up Mike!" The male nurse screamed to wake the man. Micheal awoke and looked around his hospital room, how had he gotten here? He asked the nurse "Why am I here?"
"Well, Mike" the man said "10 years ago today, your girlfriend brutally slaughtered your best friend and everyday you've been screaming from the same nightmare, talking in your sleep, pleading with anyone who will listen to tell you it isn't real." Micheal shivered as the memories filled up his mind, Emily standing with a gun over poor Pete. What happened to Emily? What happened to their love? "Where's Emily?!" Micheal asked in his beautiful voice. "Mike, she was killed by lethal injection eight years ago, she plead guilty to murder in the 1st degree, and Micheal I know this is hard but we go through this everyday, your mind wants you to forget." The nurse spoke as sympathetically as he could. "No I don't believe it, Emily was amazing, we were in love." Micheal was trying to convince himself more then anyone, because with each passing second he remembered drifting farther apart from her. "Mike, please just let go, shes gone, don't be next." The nurse spoke firmly but kindly. Micheal started to cry, "Ok nurse I'll try to let go." As more and more tears filled up his eyes he remembered losing her, remembered the last time he saw her before she go the injection, remembered her smile full of pearly white teeth. He cried harder and harder because he knew he would never love again, she was his only chance and now she was gone. Mike got up from his bed and sat down in the wicker chair and watched the snow fall to the ground.

© Copyright 2010 The Revered (h2174467 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1692676-Dreams-Of-Ourselves