*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1693603-Bitter-very-short
Rated: E · Sample · Death · #1693603
Unfinished but sweet. Opinions pretty please.
The coarse wind cursed her face as she tugged upon her scarf in a desperate attempt to stay warm. She craved the summer but was aware that that wish was hopeless, for it was months until she could even catch a glimmer of warmth upon the earth. Swearing under her breath as the blustering cold tore at her tearful eyes she trudged on through the snow in desperate pursuit of her goal.
If she were to be utterly honest however, that goal was undefined. How she wished she had an aim to run towards, but her dreams had been so perpetually fruitless. Now she had nothing but one destination. How she prayed that then might she find reason, purpose.
The snow coated trees pierced the rays of blinding sun, lowering itself into the earth as night began fall. They built a impenetrable wall on either side of her shivering frame, and cast shadowed veins across her face as her inadequate shoes pressed soft imprints into the fresh icy scatterings.
Nameless, she was as the birds which no longer sang, although she would never sing. She would never speak. It wasn’t some powerful taciturnity, but she had never heard the voice of another in her living memory.
© Copyright 2010 izzabellezi (izzabellezi at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1693603-Bitter-very-short