*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1693842-Graditude-for-Life-and-Learning
Rated: E · Prose · Educational · #1693842
To four professors that showed great respect to me, a 52 year old college student.
*

I find divine presence in a quite moment,
Sometimes after my greatest triumphs,
Sometimes after a most challenging day,
And always before I feel the pounding in my heart.
I am grateful for each new day of life.

Thank you, Roy, for teaching us about The Continental Congress and The Battle of Gettysburg.
Thank you for keeping us on schedule, even when your schedule was pressed.
Thank you for engaging us in discussion;
And thanks for doing it all with time to laugh.

Thank you, Marie for making me shine.
Thank you for acknowledging my concerns when they weren’t part of the curriculum.
Thank you for never forgetting about me, just because I did math well.
And thanks for accepting me when it went to my head.

Thank you, Brenda for being a friend.
Thank you for your concern for us all to succeed.
Thank you for bringing the human experience in to the classroom.
And most of all, thank you for sharing your desire and your passion for life.

Thank you, Vanessa. I can’t express the gratitude I hold for you.
Isn’t that ironic? You taught us to compose words and here I am at a loss of expression.
What I need is some pressure; I need an assignment to address and a deadline to meet.
Thank you for believing in yourself without a flinch. I watched you. I admired.
Thank you for your encouragement. You saw my aching skill before I did.
Trusting my heart’s desire was risky. Thank you for giving me a push.

I chose this road, this day in my life because I believe.
Answers come to me in divine serenity. They can only be the truth.
I make choices and I take chances. I learn and I grow.
I am grateful for each new day of life.


*
© Copyright 2010 Half Time Break (simon_jimenez at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1693842-Graditude-for-Life-and-Learning