*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1694107-Early-novel-idea---Greek-Mythology
by Davius
Rated: E · Sample · Fantasy · #1694107
Just an opening for a story i am hoping to write. 2nd go at writing ever.
Prologue

As I look back over my life so far I am filled with mixed emotions to say the least. On the surface it would appear that I have a simple, happy life. I have a beautiful wife, two strong sons, and a daughter, with a face many compare to Aphrodite herself. My humble home sits on the beach on the coast of Rheakos, underwhelming in comparison to many homes on the island, but it is all we need and as grand in my eyes as the great castle of King Georgio. However the setting for which I will hopefully see out my days with my family did not come about through careful planning and common circumstances. In fact, I am ashamed to say my darling wife and children do not even know me by the name I went by for the first thirty-eight years of my life. For their and my own safety it is crucial my past remain unknown. No. No, if I am going to tell my story I want to do so without misleading or omitting information even if it means black marks on my name. Though the secret of my identity does help ensure safety to my family, I believe the shock and shame they would feel when finding out some of the truths to my past would hurt more than a spear through the heart. I write this now, only so the truth will not die with me. However, I feel in the interest of fairness to all concerned, it is best that I start at the very beginning.

© Copyright 2010 Davius (mightypuff at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1694107-Early-novel-idea---Greek-Mythology