*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1694512-Welcome-Back-Joanna
Rated: E · Monologue · Dark · #1694512
Read it and find out what it's about.
16 year old Joanna Smitherson walked through her front door and into her living room holding 1 year old Molly's hand and wearing an expressionless face. It had been two whole years since she had been in that room. "Mom? Dad? Jake? Lin? Anybody?" she yelled into the empty house. "Of course, it's just like my family not to be here when i got home", Joanna sighed to herself as she grabbed her Molly's hand and headed upstairs to her old bed room.

Back when Joanna was 14 her boyfriend Justin Heartly had died. Justin at the time was 15, he had dirty blonde hair, green eyes, and smile that could make any bad day a happy one. Joanna and Justin dated for two years, and they were madly in love. One day, while Joanna was at her best friend Madison's house with her and her friend Emma, Justin and his older brother Chase had gone on a trip to Florida and while they were there Justin decided to go out into the 160ft deep part of the water, and he wasn't very experienced, and he ended up getting knocked off his board. When the life guard reached him there was nothing he could do. Justin was gone.

About a week after Justin's funeral Joanna started getting sick and throwing up alot. When her mom took her to the doctors they found out that she was 2 months pregnant. Joanna's parents were very upset. The doctors wanted to abort the baby but Joanna and he mother would not hear of it. After hearing that she was pregnant, and Justin's funeral Joanna started getting really depressed and cutting her wrists, so her parents shipped her off to boarding school, where on December 12th little baby girl Molly Elizabeth Heartly was born. Molly looked just like Justin, she had his sane green gold-flecked eyes and dirty blonde hair, and every time Joanna looked at her she'd miss Jake.

After putting Molly down for a nap on her old bed Joanna went downstairs to the kitchen to begin preparing dinner. She found that the refrigerator was empty she woke Molly up, wrote a note explaining where she was, and she ran to the store. It was really snowy outside, with it being winter and all, and the lines at the store were really long so Joanna couldn't wait to get back to her house and take off her wet snowy clothes and start cooking.

When Joanna and Molly got back home there was a light on in the dining room and a new-looking white car in the driveway. "Hello?" she called out as they walked into the house. "Joanna, is that you?" said Linda's dull sounding voice. "Hey Lin!" Joanna said as she and Molly walked into the dining room where Linda, Joanna's 17 year old sister, was sitting at the dining room table reading a magazine and eating a yogurt. "Hey", she said flatly. "Linda, meet your neice, Molly. Molly, meet your aunt", Joanna said as she sat Molly, who was half awake, down on the table. "She's cute. Mom called a few minutes ago and said that she was working late, so she left money for a pizza in the cookie jar. Dad should be home soon, and Jake gets off work at 9", she said not looking up from the article she was reading about different shades of lipstick.




© Copyright 2010 -LovelyDarkness- (jz911 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1694512-Welcome-Back-Joanna