*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1694813-One
Rated: ASR · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1694813
My first piece on the site. The Way that can be described is not the true Way.
"The enemy of my enemy is my friend", Shungaku thought to himself looking over the small gathering of men. They were being rounded up by the government and accused of being Pantu. Pantu were a growing group of rebels trying to bring change to the world. "Too bad", Shungaku thought to himself. He knew they would be dead in a few minutes, his team would need to move fast.

As a Taoist warrior, Shungaku had devoted his life to restoring balance and harmony to the World. Evil, cruelty, and injustice had taken over and needed to be destroyed at every opportunity. That was the true nature of the universe, balance, and harmony. He was determined to restore that balance.

The real question was, did he join forces with the Pantu or continue on his own? "I know the Way that is seen is not the true Way but I must pick a path", he said. Early in life, he had been taught not to hurry, to avoid making choices clouded with emotion. He was passionate but he was always patient. He knew he would follow his nature and do what the universe demanded. He just wasn't clear what that was.

His small team of Taoist warriors was hidden around the group. No one would ever know they were there. Unless they made their presence known, the natural world hid them and the spirits of the next world protected them. If Shungaku gave the signal, his warriors would dispatch the government troops with ease. They always had. The Pantu were the real problem. If he let them leave, they would certainly report the incident to their master. Shungaku was not worried about that, though. He just didn't like the position it put him and his people in. The Pantu were not in balance with the universe in his opinion. He did not agree with everything they did and felt they were not in harmony with his cause. None the less, he had to act.

With a thought, Shungaku moved into the spirit world. He stepped into the space between the here and the now. It was a blissful place that could trap a soul if they were not strong and focused. Shungaku was both. He searched for his team leader, Kei-fey. Kei-fey was a beautiful woman by any measure. She was a warrior of astounding skill and could pass between worlds with ease. Any mortal who doubted her abilities was in serious trouble. "Kei-fey, I am troubled and seem in need of some advice", Shungaku said. Words didn't actually exist here but perfect thoughts could be shared, with practice. "Master, you should not be troubled. There are but 2 choices. Help or do not help. It is a perfect choice and no matter what you decide, it will be done." Kei-fey said.

Shungaku knew this was true and he felt a sense of oneness flow into him. He moved back into the physical world and knew what he must do.
© Copyright 2010 Zhong Kui (zhongkui at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1694813-One