*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1695176-A-Unforgetable-Vampire
by Akiko
Rated: E · Novel · Comedy · #1695176
this is a short story about a girl that meets a vampire on halloween and they fall in love
How did I know that today would be the weirdest of my life? Oh yeah... it was freaking halloween, my favorite holiday of the year. Note the sarcasm.

Okay, I like the thing about the candy, i mean, c'mon who doesn't? the thing is, this is the day that my mom died 5 years ago when I was 11. For some reason, I always wore black on Halloween, nothing else. I did it when I was a kid, also. It was as if I KNEW that someone would die on Halloween. Surprise surprise. My black and blonde emo style hair kept getting into my face as the wind blew by, covering my dark brown eyes. I heard the crunching of crisp, autumn leaves as I steppd on them, not caring if they stuck to my black Converse sneakers. With me being named after this season, except in Japanese, I felt more at ease than ever.

"Akiko! What are you doing walking around Flint like that?!" my friend, Asa, called out from her mountain bike, all wrapped up nice and cozy in her striped hoodie.

Ugh. Stripes. She knew I hated them and I made a face showing what I thought of her hoodie.

"Sorry, didn't think that I'd run into you, Aki." Asa apologized, skidding her bike to a stop behind me.

I shrugged my shoulders, showing her that it was alright. At least she was warm. I was wearing freaking black flare jeans and a Nirvana shirt that reached to my hips. I wasn't even wearing a jacket.

"Aki, how can you walk around like that?" Asa asked, tilting her head slightly to the side, her blonde hair cascading over like her head, green eyes gleaming with curiousity.

I shrugged my shoulders and replied, "I'm just used to it. Besides, the cold reminds me of how I felt when my mom died."

My mom died of lung cancer when I was 11. It was on today too and it was cold in the house when she was in her last hours. So, I was used to the coldness of the world... and when she left.

"Oh yeah... Well, you going trick-or-treating tonight? Kagure's going to have a party after it's over." Asa invited, descending off her bike and walking with it as I began heading towards the school.

Yep, just to make my day better, there was school. Yippie. Note sarcasm.

"Doesn't she ever get tired of holding party's? I mean, c'mon, we could just drop dead and go to sleep like regular people..." I groaned, looking at the peaceful, puffy white clouds in the sky.

"No, you don't understand! This is going to be one where EVERYONE at school is going to! Even Alex! Omg, what if he wants to-"

"Asa, I'm not going. Me, dad, and Poison are going to spend our day visiting my mom's grave. No parties, no fun, just staring at a tombstone and placing flowers on it." I declined, cutting her off on what she was about to say.

She whined, but I gave her a cross look, signaling her that I wasn't goiing to change my mind.

"But Akiko! Everyone's going to be there! You can wait to see your mom til tomorrow, or at least see her later on today, can't you?" Asa pleaded, whining like a little child.

She needs to start acting her age of sixteen instead of five.

"No Asa. Nothing will make me miss my mom today. NOTHING AT-"

That's when I bumped into someone and landed right on top of them. Dang it, a bad day JUST got even worse. I fell on top of a random dude I didn't even know, yet hee looked around 17 years old. And I fell on him, of all people. Man, I'm such a klutz.

"Omg, Aki. You landed on a hot guy! Man, you are lucky!" Asa whined.

I began to push myself up, making a mental note to kick Asa's butt later on when I saw who I landed on. His black emo style hair hid one of his dark blue eyes, reaching the nape of his neck. He stared at me, blushing a light tint of pink as I got to my feet, him doing the same.

"Sorry, I wasn't paying attention..." I apologized, looking down at my feet and shifting them awkwardly.

"I wasn't either, so don't blame yourself." he admitted sheepishly, scratching the back of his neck.

It was silent for a few moments until out of nowhere, head cheerleader Ivy pops up out of nowhere, her blonde hair in a ponytail, blue eyes glinting with lust.

"Hey, Xavier." she sang, gripping onto his arm.

Asa sighed heavily and glared at Ivy. Ivy was a flirt, dating every guy and dumping them when she... well, I won't get into details. I rolled my eyes at the head cheerleader and commented, "And the devil is here in person."

Ivy shot me a death glare, but I didn't budge a bit. Like this little tramp would scare me with a freaking glare. Asa, on the other hand, was shivering, and not from the cold.

"As if. YOU'RE more of a devil than I am." Ivy retorted.

"Pray tell." I challenged, crossing my arms over my chest.

"Oh please, this will take all day, motherless pup." Ivy scoffed, smiling evily at her little taunt.

I shot daggers at her that made her flinch a little bit. Poor Xavier, having to watch two girls fight like this. Well, actually, poor him for me landing on him.

"Shut up you worthless piece of-"

"Okay, Aki! We need to get to school now, remember?" Asa interrupted.

She knew I was about to swear, and once I did, I was like a rabid wolf. I felt a low growl come to my throat, then I stomped towards the school, followed by Asa and surprisingly, that guy I tripped over. Heh heh, Ivy just got ditched by a dude she was flirting with. Things are becoming a little better.
© Copyright 2010 Akiko (akikochild at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1695176-A-Unforgetable-Vampire