*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1695374-Taking-Emotion-out-of-the-Question
Rated: E · Review · Other · #1695374
Is love worth it? please tell me what you think! "Equilibrium" has the answer.
Taking emotion out of the equation



Love as defined by Webster’s: A strong affection or liking for some one or something.  A passionate affection of one person for another.  The object of such affection; a sweetheart or lover.

Love, defined by me: If you want to know if you are in love with someone, you simply ask the following question.  Can I imagine myself in the future without that certain someone in my life?  If not, that’s love.

As for me, I can’t love anymore, I just can’t.  I won’t, I won’t let that happen to me again.  No way, never.  That book is definitely closed.
Just look at our past.  Love brings out the worst in us!  Take for example, Shakespeare’s  “Richard III”. The love of a woman drove him to kill.  There are numerous examples of why love should be avoided at all costs.  Often, I like to watch movies.  I like to watch movies that have one or multiple morals.  One movie in particular, kind of hits home with me, especially now.  I am going through a divorce at the present time.  The hardest part is that I cannot spend enough time with my son.  This movie that hit home for me has the perfect solution to my problems.  The movie is called “equilibrium”, and the gist of the movie is that everyone in society takes medication, which turns off (so to speak) his or her emotions.  This allows the human race to focus on the job or tasks at hand with no interruptions.  This allows everyone to increase profits, efficiency, time management, and many other aspects of business.  Our society has truly become the world power.  Think of it, all problems solved by taken medication daily. It would be like taking your vitamin in the morning.  All worthless emotional reactions that slow us down, causes problems at work, and many other aspects of our day, are all eliminated.  This is a “fix all” pill.  All emotions are simply deleted.  No more fear to stop you from excelling.  No more Love to cause pain and interruption in your workday. Love wastes time.  Without love and other emotions, we would be the ultimate world power.  There would be no more United States and all other countries such as Mexico, France, and Italy.  There would only be The United States of The World.  You are either an American or you do not exist.  You are either in, or you are out.
From a business stand point this is an outstanding, well-oiled society.  Sales are up, costs are down, and pockets are overflowing.  Just one thing, what about those dinners and walks along the beach that the two of you used to take?  Now, you simply don’t think about any luxurious activities that you’ve had in the past. You have the business world for you to run. None of that matters anymore. That feeling that you get in the pit of your stomach when you get excited is now gone forever.  They say, where there is an up; there is a down.  Where there is hot, there is cold.  Where there is love, there is hatred.  By eliminating love from the equation, there is no hatred.  By taking love out of the equation, mankind is lifted of the world’s burden of hatred.  In summary, logic suggest, no love equals a better world for all.
Simplicity, we need to turn the clock back a bit.  We need to make things simple again.  If you have a goal in life, you aim for it, chart the course, construct a straight line between A and B, and you stay the course.  The shortest path between two points is a straight line.  Do not stray off track.  Stay away from distractions along the path.  Distractions (love, emotions, etc.) are what will stop you from achieving your goals.  Stay the course, full power straight ahead.  After following your uninterrupted path, you have reached your goal.  You have what you have longed for.  Finally, the world is yours.  Was it worth it?  Was loosing everything you had in the past a good price to pay for achieving your goals?  Realistically, you won’t know the answer to that question until you try it.  Answer me this next question it may help you with a decision.  What does a man profit by gaining the world, but looses his soul?
© Copyright 2010 William Bailey (wbailey at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1695374-Taking-Emotion-out-of-the-Question