*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1695386-The-Ambassador-of-Love
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Prose · Cultural · #1695386
Human nature is not all that different than insect nature. We all have changed one...
The Ambassador of Love

A flower is sometimes known as a blossom or bloom. A flower is the reproductive structure found in flowering plants.

Flowers, in addition to being the reproductive organs of flowering plants, have long been loved, admired and used by humans to beautify the atmospheric conditions and to show our emotions to one another.

The flower has become a man’s ambassador of love. A flower has numerous meanings to people. In a way, flowers are to a man much in the same as dogs are. A flower is a man’s best friend, especially when they’re in the so-called dog house (the man that is).

The primary purpose of a flower is reproduction. Plants cannot move from one location to another, therefore, many flowers have evolved to attract certain animals to move pollen between individuals in dispersed populations. Bees and birds have color-vision that enables them to find colorful flowers. Some flowers have patterns that show pollinators where to find nectar. Other flowers have changed their physical and other characteristics in order to attract certain insects. Some species of orchids for example, produce flowers that resemble female bees in color, shape, and scent.

Human nature is not all that different than insect nature. We all have changed one thing or another about our appearance in order to attract a mate.

In many occasions we have also used the emotional attachment of a flower to express our feelings to one another. The one question that we all have asked others, or ourselves is what flower is appropriate for a particular occasion? What flower should I get to say I’m sorry, or I love her?

I have asked many women what flower would they like to receive from their significant other? The answer from all of them was the rose.

The rose, signifying love, past down through the ages, and never losing its meaning. It carries with it an apologetic tone, and a beginning touch of the perfect night.
A rose is bold. Never needing others to seal the deal. Standing on its own, its solitude is truly magnificent. A work of god’s gentle hand needs no alteration. Upon first look, it steals your heart as if it were Helen of Troy.

I believe in order to fully appreciate the rose; you must have at least some general knowledge of its background.

A rose is a perennial flower or vine of the genus Rosa. There are over 100 species and come in a variety of colors. Most roses are native to Asia, with smaller numbers native to North America, Africa, and Europe. Some are grown for their fragrance and beauty. Oil extracted from rose flowers has been used for perfumes for centuries.

The French rose syrup is used to make rose scones and marshmallows in the United States. In France, they use the extract of rose petals for their rose syrup.

Here are a few small pieces of literature on the topic.

Prelude to, The Bridge

It’s prom night and a young man is sitting in his car with a rose corsage he had picked out prior to arriving at his date’s house. He is sitting in the car outside of his prom date’s house contemplating if he should take the plunge and take their relationship to the next level or not. The rose is symbolic of a bridge between two people. On the other side of this bridge is his love. Will she merely accept the rose as a kindly gesture, or will she see beyond the gesture and return his love for her? Will he take the chance of being shot down, or will he simply walk away never knowing what could have been?

The Bridge

The bridge between a man and a woman is a delicate flower. Many men’s fate has been decided crossing this same bridge. Their need for eternal passionate rest lies within her breath. Shall I go? Shall I stay? I await her decision. What if her face remains unchanged when I cross that bridge? I should stay on my lonely side. At least I will have dodged the remembrance of denial. Do I choose to be a chance taker, go for broke, and follow what I love and to actually live within my life, or do I merely choose to remain the scared little boy that I am?

The Awakening (a short description of a man who decided to live after many years of merely being alive.

I saw time halted by the breath-taking aroma, the Helen of troy, the world of emotion, the beautiful creation, of the rose. So much time lost playing it safe. How shall I proceed? I do not know. That’s the beauty of living; you never know what is around the corner. The anticipation alone makes you feel alive. Until…
© Copyright 2010 William Bailey (wbailey at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1695386-The-Ambassador-of-Love