*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1695992-Okami-Soshi-Okami-Itonami
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by Akiko
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Action/Adventure · #1695992
A story about what happened 100 years after Amaterasu saved the world from Yami!
Wha… where am I? It’s so…cold…

You’re here.

Where’s here? It’s too dark to be Nippon…

That’s because it isn’t Nippon, Mother Amaterasu.

Then where am I?!



Answer me!

…Waka!? What are you doing here?!

I came to see Amaterasu… But it seems that she is not here.

Waka!

I will find her eventually… either way, it is time for Gravity to awaken Asami.

Waka! Waka!! WAKA!!!

~~~

“C’mon Hayabusa!” Mushi called out to his dog.

I was watching from above the waterfall in the peaceful village of Kamiki. It was too peaceful today… my black fur stood on end, blue eyes looking for any type of danger. That’s when it happened: the sky began to turn black, swirls of crimson and evil winds controlling the sky. I jumped down to the village, landing in the rice field that Kushi uses to make her famous sake. Running up to the sacred tree Konohana, I ran past the villagers but… they were made of stone. This is bad…

“Even the flute playing guy? Man, this is REALLY bad.” I barked, passing… well, the flute playing guy.

Before I could reach the shrine of Amaterasu, a giant rock came hurtling towards Amaterasu’s statue, aiming to crush it completely. Right when it was about to hit it, a bright light crushed the rock into pieces, saving the statue. Before my eyes was the Guardian Wolf, Gravity

Her glistening silver fur had strange blue markings all over her. Blue and ebony rosary beads spinned and swirled around her, dancing a gentle waltz.

“This world is now being controlled by a deep dark evil… as it was 100 years ago when Amaterasu saved Nippon from Yami. It’s as if history is repeating itself, just like it did before.” she muttered, looking up at the sky.

Like 100 years ago? When Amaterasu met my ancestor, Jeremy, on pure accident? What the heck is going on?

“It seems as if I have to awaken you, Asami. My powers are diminishing as I speak and stare at your stone state.” Gravity barked.

She wagged her tail furiously, rosary appearing in front of her. It was a delicate gold and black, silver accenting the beads in little swirls. It glowed a dim silver, slightly twirling side to side.

“Arise, Asami! Use your divine powers and save this land from the evil that plagues it’s inhabitants!” Gravity howled, tossing the rosary at the moss-covered statue.

It was a perfect fit as the rosary landed on the statue’s back, spinning like a Frisbee. Moments later, the statue began glowing that same dim silver light, then before my eyes, the statue came to life. Right in front of Gravity was Amaterasu, or so I thought. Her fur was the same snowy white of Amaterasu, just that she looked… different. No red markings, her tail was tipped with tan instead of black, and those eyes... they were like pieces of sapphire.

She shook her  fur, eyes shut tightly to avoid the debris in the air.

“Asami, you do know the reason why you have been awakened, correct?” Gravity asked, sitting down and wrapping her tail around her paws.

All Asami did was shake her head.

“For Amaterasu’s descendant, you seem quite empty headed. No matter. It is your destiny to save Nippon from disaster, for the impossible has happened. Yami, the lord of darkness, has returned in a hidden form. It is your responsibility to defeat him with the power of the Eight Soshi Okami.” Gravity reported to the now sleeping Asami. Gravity shook her head, her tail tip twitching in annoyance.

“What a poor excuse of a god! We could have a blind cat do this without a problem!” A small voice called from Gravity’s muzzle, bouncing over to in front of Asami.

“Now now, Takumi. She may look…unpolished, but she will come to learn.” Gravity barked.

“As if! She can’t even bark! C’mon, Asa! Bark!” Takumi urged, glowing a bright red.

Just then, Asami scooped Takumi in her mouth and shut it tight. I couldn’t help but wag my tail a bit.

“Thank you Asami. Now then, why won’t you bark?” Gravity asked curiously.

It was silence for about a minute, the darkness growing darker and darker by the moment. Then, up came Takumi, covered in wolf slobber and ranting at Asami.

“YUCK! Wolf spit! You’ll regret ever trying to eat the great Takumi!” Takumi ranted, waving his miniature sword around.

“You are one annoying poncle, Takumi,” Asami barked.

Her bark… it was just…divine, even if she was pissed at that moment.

“The reason I don’t bark is because I had took a vow of silence, which has now been broken.” Asami replied to Gravity’s question.

“I see.”

Just then, a dragon’s roar shook the area of Nippon, shattering the peaceful feeling. It shot into my ears, making me crouch and cover my ears.

“What was that!?” Takumi asked, now glowing a green color.

“That was Esaki. Asami, you must obtain the powers of the Eight Soshi Okami and defeat Yami’s resurrected form. I cannot help you, for my powers are diminishing. I barely have the strength to utter words. Cut the fruit of the sacred tree and revive the spirits of the villagers,” Gravity pleaded, fading away into nothing.

“Gravity! You can’t leave me alone with this run-of-the-mill god! Gravity!” Takumi ranted, burning a bright red.

“I think she did that on purpose, Takumi… Either way, let’s cut this fruit down.” Asami barked.

“Whatever! I’m going to hunker down in this fur of yours, Asa.” Takumi replied, jumping into Asami’s fur.

Now’s my chance! I began crawling into view, slowly and unsurely. Asami was only staring up at the very large pink peach hanging from the sacred tree’s branches. I was only ten feet away from her, so close yet so far… Then she turned around.

“Who are you and why did you spy on me?” she growled.

“I’m Eki. I watch over the villagers and make sure that they’re safe…,” I answered.

Asami ceased her growling, seeing that I was telling the truth. Then, she smiled a little bit.

“You seem nice. Come with me!” Asami barked.

Out of nowhere, Takumi landed on my muzzle, glowing a bright green.

“Oh no, he can’t come with us!” Takumi disagreed.

“And why not? He already knows that I’m Amaterasu’s descendant, so we might as well let him come with.” Asami reasoned.

“Ugh! Never mind! Fine, he can come!” Takumi whined, jumping back into Asami’s fur.

“Sorry about Takumi,” Asami apologized.

“It’s okay. I’ll help anyway that I can.” I assured.

Great, now I’m partners with Amaterasu’s descendant and her poncle. Asami went back to staring at the large peach in the tree. Now the question was: How are we going to cut it down?
© Copyright 2010 Akiko (akikochild at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1695992-Okami-Soshi-Okami-Itonami