*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1696036-Tiny-Robot-Changes-The-Face-of-Medicine
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Article · Medical · #1696036
ViRob is a tiny robot that can crawl through the veins and arteries.
Image if you will, a microscopic bug crawling through your veins. It doesn’t sound very attractive, yet an Israeli company has invented just a microscopic bug in the name of medicine.

The Medical Robotics Laboratory at Institute of Technology (Technion) in Tel Aviv, Israeli have a micro robot called ViRob. The tiny robot is able to crawl through vessels and other body cavities to deliver precise dosage of medicine to a particular need.

Lung cancer is a horrible disease and deadly. ViRob is able to crawl through the body and deliver appropriate drugs to tumors in the lung. By isolated the precise area and tumor the overall success will be more prevalent. ViRob will also be able to samples from areas of the body giving researches an unobtrusive method for diagnoses. Unobtrusive is relative to the need for surgery.



Read more: http://healthmad.com/conditions-and-diseases/tiny-robot-changes-the-face-of-medi...
© Copyright 2010 101lourdes (101lourdes at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1696036-Tiny-Robot-Changes-The-Face-of-Medicine