*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1696075-The-Forgotten---Chapter-1
by Onyx
Rated: E · Short Story · Ghost · #1696075
A short walk which lead in a hair raising adventure.
Yesterday was a horrible day. The day I lost my twin brother. When I remember David, I feel an awful sense of culpability. I never appreciated my brother.I used to tell lies about him to my giggly companions. It was all my fault he never had friends. Everyone thought he was a double faced idiot. My 'friends' used to tell others what I had said about him, and there starts the gossiping.
The whole car accident is still vivid in my mind. How David started crossing the street, he hears a noise of a car engine. Then he stops, looks at the quickly approaching Ferrari. The next minute he's dead, in a pool of blood.


I shake my head as if to eliminate all thoughts. I was walking ever so slowly, and without a sense of direction. I was heading out of town, to the quiet country side, dragging my feet along. I did not really feel like a walk.

But staying at home made me feel more depressed.

My friends didn't seem to care about me. When they heard David died, they called to come to some daft sleepover they were having. Did they think a death in the family was as if ... you developed a spot on your face or something?
I had developed countless spots and forgotten about them.
Did they actually think a death could be forgotten so easily?

Did those imbeciles think a sleepover would cheer me up?!
As if I felt like a sleepover. I sighed and tried to stop from crying, absent mindedly biting my lower lip.

To try and distract my thoughts a little, I tried to enjoy my walk. It is a sunny May day, spring at its best. The sky is a beautiful blue with puffy white clouds here and there. The sun is shining brightly overhead. I was surrounded by heaps of soft, green grass and fresh, colourful flowers. In the distance I could see majestic trees towering over a dingy, old farmhouse, which probably hadn't been used for a hundred years. I walked on meeting all kinds of small friends belonging to the country side. I am terrified of bees though, and I was so absorbed between thoughts about my dead brother and forcing myself to admire views, that I accidentally scraped against a hive! I saw what seemed to be a million bees coming out of the hives. Blinded with fear l ran as quickly as possible, until I started  gasping for breath. Not really knowing where I was heading to, I ran straight on, not realising that the grass was growing sparser and there were no more trees to be seen. I stopped running and fell to the ground on my knees, panting. I closed my eyes and took several deep breaths. I opened my eyes and looked at the strange deserted area around me.

And I realised I was lost.
© Copyright 2010 Onyx (whilelmina96 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1696075-The-Forgotten---Chapter-1