*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1696606-Sunlit-nightwalk
Rated: 13+ · Other · Supernatural · #1696606
A transformation to experience freedom
Walking up the slow rising forest trail is the outline of a woman. It's late spring by the sight of it, might even be summer soon. Green flourishes everywhere, except a few patches of flowerbeds where the sun shines through at day, blotting the ground in strong colours. The trees stand tall around her and consist mostly pine. If a clearing is open or the hill rises to steep, grounds have been given for aspen or birch trees. The forest still glistens in a wet blanket from a passing cloud of rain, the water coating the green solitude in a slight sparkle. The girl dressed in a pair of rain boots, khaki shorts and a rain coat of strong yellow stops for a moment, and looks around for something. Upon finding some unseen mark or path she starts to walk off the trail into the thickening bushes, and walks onto a well hidden clearing.

Mary starts to feel herself get more agitated with her arrival here. The smells fills her up with excitement, and the energy of the freedom she will soon surround herself in, makes her hair stand up on her neck. She is glad to have chosen to take precaution, and dress for the probable rain, the horizon had shown her this morning. The grass would have soaked her shoes and the trees would have drenched her given the slightest shiver. With a little smile, and to feel it fall on her face, she shoulders a small aspen tree as she passed it. She relishes the feel of heavy water pounding at her raincoat, and the water flowing down her cheeks. The warm spring day still lingers, as night nears its midnight hour. Standing in the clearing, Mary looks to the sky. The sun will soon disappear, though its light won't for many hours. The face of the full moon can be seen creeping over the treetops, barely visible in the sunlight. Mary always found this phenomenon strange to behold, but this far north it is just a normal occurrence during summer.

Mary peeks back towards the trail, and little can be seen of it and she doubts anyone would be able to see anything over here. Looking once more at the moon, she smiles and then closes her eyes. It is beginning, she notes to herself. The smells gets stronger around her, the pine trees' are strong and guiding, the aspen she nudged have a smell of wetness, a squirrel sits some trees away, and some place near the trail has been marked by some dog. Her ears twitch in a short quick movement, as a bird flutters away close to her. The ant hill on the outskirts of the clearing sounds like an orchestra of percussion. The wind whispers a soft song, chorused by the leaves of the forest.

Mary feels the sudden urgency to get her shoes off fast, and hopping along on one foot, laughing, she drags the boot off with socks still in them. She plants her foot down in a gentle soft treading step, and she feels the ground swell beneath her paws. Mary looks down to see that it is still just a human foot, and with a little more patience this time she drags off the second boot as well. With both her feet on the ground she can feel the beat of the earth, and the warmth of the suns already given rays. Smiling again she notices her fangs gets longer and sharper, as if growing as she feels them over. Running her tongue along them, she licks them and feels their sharpness pricking back against her already overloaded sensory system.

Mary starts to feel herself grow, to adapt to the transformation of a new form. Her eyes feel stranger, as the colours get stronger, but also different. Lifting her hands to her face, she feels the nose is now wider, her eyes are slanted and the ears are definitely more pointy. The touch is exhilarating, and as she slides her hand down her neck, she touches her rain coat. Her eyes widens a bit in a hurried surprise, and she then starts to undress rather quick. A little too quick, she muses, as she falls over laughing. Shorts and panties halfway down her legs and the rain coat halfway off, she sits up and continues the undressing, before stuffing it all inside the rain coat, and laying it down in the grass. With this done she notices the wet earth she sits on, and lays herself back in the grass. The wet and somewhat cold feeling on her fur makes her whole body shiver.

She rolls back onto all fours and feels again a completeness fill her up through her paws. Looking down with her tongue licking her chops in a quick and light moment, she notices her front paws covered in her own beautiful brown coat. Sitting down she closes her eyes, takes a deep breath into her now explosive lungs, and opens them again to stare at her mother, Luna, above in the sky. She stares at the moon, her mother, and with a final release, she gives a loving cry to her, filled with the desire to always be her child. Getting up again, the wolf sprints out into the forest and it's nights inhabitants. She knows these next days will be as invigorating as ever, but the best part of this monthly freedom, has already passed.
© Copyright 2010 Lupin Little (lordlupin at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1696606-Sunlit-nightwalk