*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1696744-Pain
by Alaska
Rated: 13+ · Sample · Other · #1696744
A man recounts his horror.
         No. NO! Not again. Please God no. More time is gone. Gaps. Gaps of time are missing. Sometimes hours. Sometimes days and one time a gap of more than a month. Always I awaken in the same place. This place that I have experienced more times than I can know holds me. It not only holds my body but it also grips my mind. My senses are the one portion of my mind that are clear. This is not a kindness. My eyes watch and report back to me as they witness the events around me. White. White is everywhere in this place. Not the white of a hospital that soothes the mind and assures you of it's cleanliness. No. This is the white of a butcher's new apron. Spotless and without a trace of staining the white stands, but clear are the intentions of the room it hides.
         The sound of this place.
         Oh Lord Almighty please deliver me from this hell.
         Hearing in this place is the most devious of all. There is nothing. NOTHING. No sound. I cannot even hear myself.
         Smell. Please God save me from my senses.
         It smells of copper. Newly minted pennies.
         Pain. Pain worse than any broken bone. Ripped muscles and torn ligaments do not compare to the pain that I feel in this place. My body burns with the pain. My muscles do not contract and none of me can move as the pain shoots through me. It feels as though I am being vivisected in a bath of ethanol. Too long. How do I come to be in this hell!? No no no no no! The white is fading. It is being covered. Red and black blocks my vision and my mind flounders in darkness.
© Copyright 2010 Alaska (nasook09 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1696744-Pain