*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1696921-Nursing-Dr-Miller-Part-3
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by tomcat
Rated: 18+ · Novel · Erotica · #1696921
Part 3 This is a novel in progress about the lives of staff members of a hospital.
Carla drove to the hospital as quickly as possible. The case she was assigned to involved a seven-year old who had fallen out of the window of an eight story apartment building. His condition was critical, involving broken bones and a collapsed lung.

She went straight to the scrub room and scrubbed in, hurrying into the operating room to check her equipment and set up. She tried to push Dr. Miller from her mind. A child’s life depended on both of them being professional and completing their task with precision.

The doors to the operating room swung open with Dr. Miller examining the little boy as they went. Never looking up he gave orders for medication to be administered into his IV and how the patient was to be positioned on the table. He exited the operating room to scrub in.

Ten minutes later he returned gloved, gown and ready to operate. He looked around the room to check if everyone was in place. Satisfied everyone he needed was present he preceded to the patient and began asking for the instruments that he needed.

Careful not to nick an artery, Dr. Miller made an incision into the boys left femur so that the bone in his upper thigh could be reset and fastened with pins to maintain alignment. Before closing up the incision an x-ray of the leg was taken to make sure that the bone alignment was correct. As the x-ray was taken the incision began to bleed more than it should. The patient’s blood pressure dropped and his pulse began to rise.

“BP 80/40 and dropping, pulse 152, doctor,” Carla called out.

Recognizing her voice, Dr. Miller looked up from his task of closing up the wound. Each member of the operating team wore a surgical mask obscuring their identities. Dr. Miller hoped his eyes didn’t show his excitement. He knew time was of the essence if he was going to save this childs life. He gave orders for the medications he wanted administer and how much to increase the IV flow rate.

Carla and the other nurse, quick complied with his orders.

“BP 104/58 with a pulse of 140 and stable,” Carla yelled out.

“The bleeding is under controll. Now I’ll close the wound so we can get this young man back to his family.”

Everyone in the room was relieved. Losing any patient on the operating table was hard, but loosing a child ate at your heart for months, sometimes years afterward

When surgery was over and the child was wheeled to the recovery room. Dr. Miller went to talk with the family and give them the happy news that their son’s surgery had been successful. He hurried away from family as they embraced and cried tears of joy, hoping he could catch Carla before she left.

Dr. Miller quickly changed in the locker room and hurried to the nurses station to see if Carla had left yet.

“Hi, Linda. Have you seen….” Dr. Miller said. Out of his peripheral vision he saw Carla approaching the nurses station.

“Carla, I was just looking for you. I wanted to tell you that you did a wonderful job today,” Dr. Miller said with a smile.

“Thank you,” Carla said. She handed several sheets of paper to the charge nurse to add to the patient’s chart.

“Can I talk to you for a moment?” Dr. Miller asked.

“I”m really tired. Can this wait for another time?” she replied.

“It will only take a moment.”

Carla nodded her head and followed Dr. Miller out into the hallway and down to an empty family conference room. Her legs felt wobbly with each step. This man gave her butterflies in place she had only dreamed of him touching. She prayed this would be brief and she could avoid every being alone with him again. Dr. Miller was the last thing she needed in her life.

“Have I done something to?” Dr. Miller asked once they were alone.

“No,” Carla said. She dropped her head and looked at the carpet.

“Then why can’t we at least be friends. I didn’t ask you to sleep with me. I just asked if I could get to know you,” he said as he reached out and lift her chin.

Carla jump as soon as his warm hand touch her face. His touch sent a warm sensation through her body. Her body knew what it wanted and needed.

“I’m sorry, I won’t touch you again,” Dr. Miller told her.

“No, I’m just.., I’m not very good with this kind of stuff,” she said softly.

Carla felt Dr. Miller’s warm hands on the sides of her face and his lips pressing into hers. She knew this was a bad idea, but she couldn’t stop her body from responding. She opened her mouth and greedily accepted his tongue. She wrapped her arms around him and let her body melt into his.

© Copyright 2010 tomcat (tomcat68 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1696921-Nursing-Dr-Miller-Part-3