*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1697187-Preface-to-a-novel
Rated: 13+ · Sample · Dark · #1697187
The preface to a story about an assassin trying to run from her past.
Sophia wrapped her arms tight around her legs, as if she would fall to pieces if she let go, like her world had. Tears slid down her face. She heard a key turn and jumped to her feet, swiping at the tears as Daniel came in with a bag of groceries. He set them down and came to her, wrapping her in his warm embrace. She pressed her face to his shoulder, sniffling. "I'm pathetic." She sneered at herself. "I can't go five minutes without having a breakdown. Daniel stroked her hair.

"You were raped yesterday, Soph. You're seventeen. You have the right to have a few breakdowns." She turned away. "Eighteen in two days." She wanted to turn back and curl up next to him, but she didn't. "I'm not a virgin anymore and I haven't even had my first kiss yet." She realized. Daniel put a hesitant hand on her shoulder, then turned her around. Slowly, gently, he leaned in and kissed her.

Three weeks later, he disappeared.
© Copyright 2010 Kate Geary (belledame at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1697187-Preface-to-a-novel