*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1697725-Discovering-Charlie
Rated: E · Other · Sci-fi · #1697725
Charlie blogs in hopes of recovering his memory of himself.
June 2, 2009

    This is my first blog.  I'm not sure what to write...but I feel that I must write something.  I'll try to tell you something about myself, but I'm not sure that I'll get it right or not. 

    Why?  Well, because I remember so little and yet when I look around, I see that I must have a life and a purpose worth remembering...or rather, the person I replaced.  I remembering arriving here yesterday...in this apartment.  It was neat and well kept.  All the shoes were hanging on a rack near the door.  The floor was swept and moped clean to the point of reflecting my face back at me when I looked at it.  From what I could see of the books on the shelf, the person I replaced was student or maybe even a professor in physics.  I had not actually read any of the books here but I do know that my own knowledge of physics goes far beyond 2009 science.

    I try to remember what happened before I arrived here.  It's like trying to remember a dream you want to remember a couple hours after you wake up.  You know that it was a good dream...but you remember so little.  One thing I knew for sure...I was from about 500 years from this present day and I knew my name was Charlie.

    To those of you that actually read this blog (which is doubtful since most of the internet of this time was filled with people visiting porn sites), you may not believe me.  It's hard to convince myself, but I know that I'm not from here.  And what became of the person who should be living in this apartment...who should be here even now?  I'm not quite sure, but I think that I traded places with him somehow.  I've looked at the photos throughout this apartment and none of them match my own face.  It's as if my arrival here had bumped him out of this time to....where?  Is he still alive?  I thought about that for a while and I feel that he must be because I would never travel into the past if it meant that someone would be hurt or killed upon my arrival.

    I think that is all that I can blog about tonight.  Maybe I'll remember more about why I'm here after I have a good nights rest.
© Copyright 2010 Manofstone (manofstone at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1697725-Discovering-Charlie