*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1699241-Camp-Massacre
Rated: GC · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1699241
Abandoned campsite reopens after 52 years and unspeakable horror ensues. (Unfinished)
There was a fire fight at Camp Happy Woods. The year was 1947, and it was in the summer. There were 2 bodies discovered in an outhouse, and 7 more in a log cabin outside the confines of the camp. Dead teenagers who were considered missing the previous week, with stab wounds all over the corpses, sat side-by-side inside the log cabin on a couch. Some had missing limbs, which were later discovered in the woods nearby. The counselors, upon discovery were killed by an assailant in a black business-like suit. He was strapped with a tommy gun, and wore leather gloves as he fired. He looked just like a gangster off the streets of New York! A fire started outside the cabin, as anyone who approached it got shot at. 5 more people would be killed, and finally the police, ambulances, and fire trucks would arrive. The camp owner, Bruce Randal, shot the gun-toting maniac cold dead. Police temporarily arrested Randal for questioning, but after the massacre, the camp would be forced to shut down. The maniac ended up being the son of the late Emily Sanders, a local grocer who had provided food for the camp the previous years. In the previous year, she had been found murdered in an ally, raped and bludgeoned to death by a wooden board with a nail.
All of these events were truly shocking at the time. Camp Happy Woods would never be the same ever since...
© Copyright 2010 Dave Smith (beattothemax at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1699241-Camp-Massacre