*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1699253-The-Makings-Introduction
Rated: 13+ · Preface · Dark · #1699253
A short introduction to a story off loss and redemption in the world of the undead.
                Death



         It's only a word. Yet, this one word has the power to stir up many emotions in the human psyche: fear, relief, joy, and pain being only some amongst a long list of others. Some people welcome it openly while others try to do everything they can to avoid it.

         Yet, death sometimes has ways of surprising us. For instance, when the star basketball player, while playing the last game in their teams bid on the state championship, falls in the middle of the court and has a heart attack. Or when the working single mother, after leaving her second job on the night shift, falls asleep behind the wheel and hits a tree. Or when the family of four, after being robbed leaving the restaurant they just ate at on their way to Disney World, is brutally murdered.

         Yes, death can come in many unexpected forms and when you’re least prepared. But out of all of the instances of death I have mentioned, I would gladly take any of them over the one I endured: the death of the undead.

© Copyright 2010 Ashley McLaine (ashleymclaine at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1699253-The-Makings-Introduction