*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1699451-And-She-Blushed
Rated: E · Short Story · Other · #1699451
Eager to see my love, I hurried down the hall to my room. I turned and opened the door…
I walked into my room and she was there. She was beautiful. I stepped forward with a smile playing on my lips and my hand stretched forward to touch her creamy white skin. I stopped and frowned.

“Love,” I said softy. “What happened? Why are you pale?”

She said nothing; just looked at me with that beautiful face of hers.

“Did something happen, my dear? I’m here, you can tell me.”

Silently, she continued to look gravely at me. She wouldn’t say anything today, not while the man in a white uniform was standing silently behind me. She was shy. I decided to change the subject.

“You are looking quite pleasant today, gorgeous, in fact.”

A light blush brightened her face and I smiled.

The man behind me exited the room and I heard the click of a lock. I angrily grabbed the door handle and pulled. The color from my love's face disappeared as it darkened in her fury.

*  *  *

John joined the others in the dining hall for dinner. He grabbed a plastic tray and plate, and proceeded to pile food on. The food here wasn’t the best, but there was enough and it filled his stomach.

He spotted Amy. Sue was already sitting on her right side, but the chair on her left was empty. He walked over, placed his tray on the long table next to her and sat down. Amy looked up at him with a smile curving her pink bow lips. Her chestnut curls had escaped her white cap and tumbled softly around her cherub face to rest on her white coat.

“Hey John,” she said sweetly. “How’s Wesley?”

John looked into the face of the woman he adored and shrugged, “The same.”

“Still talking to the wall?”

He chuckled, rubbing the white scar on his square jaw, “Yeah. I try to bring him at exactly the time where the sun comes out and “puts color on her pale face” as he says.”

Amy laughed. “I like Wesley. Even though he talks to walls and treats them like people, he’s still okay. At least he’s not one of the violent ones.”

 

© Copyright 2010 Athena G (estie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1699451-And-She-Blushed