*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1700251-She-loved-the-hunt
by FrisoD
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Horror/Scary · #1700251
The hunters chasing each other. Who will be victorious in the end?
She loved the hunt, the thrill of the chase and the taste of the freshly caught meat. She wished she could do this every night, not just when the moon was at the height of her power.
The one she was chasing this night was different from the ones that had come before. He did not smell of fear. That was the greatest taste of all, a prey that was not afraid. Due to the rarity of it, she had only ever tasted it once before since she became what she was. That was so many moons ago, so she wanted the hunt to last as long as possible.

He loved to hunt, making his prey think they were the hunter and hearing their frightened cry when they were killed. He wished he could do this every night, not just when they changed into their true form.
The one that was chasing him was active in this area for many years now. This was strange, because most of those beasts travelled so as not to attract too much attention. This could only have two reasons; it was foolish or it was more powerful then most. Neither was cause for worry, because: If it was foolish then it would fall into his trap with ease and if it was powerful then that would mean that it was proud as well and thus easily to goad into his trap. Either way, he would be victorious once again.

It was almost time. She was done playing with the human and wanted to feed. And it seemed the human was also done running. Apparently he was getting ready to fight her. She took a last jump. She could picture it already. Tearing his chest open and biting in his still beating heart. Ripping his flesh from the bone. And then he ducked.

The beast jumped at him, but he ducked barely in time. It still managed to scratch his back, but it didn’t hurt. The beast had fallen in its trap. He tried to turn around to gloat, but found that he couldn’t stand. The scratch had ripped apart most of his muscles and caused him to be in shock so that he didn’t feel. Luckily it was still trapped in the pit he had dug. Nevertheless, he had to find a way kill it quick or he would the one to be killed. He crawled towards the pit to deliver the deathblow, but when he was almost there it jumped out.

She had underestimated this human. It took a bit of power but she managed to jump out the pit. The filthy human had tried to trap her. She would take her time to eat him. As she stalked towards him she felt different, the sun was coming up. It was too late, she began to revert back to her human form. While she was still in her wolf-form she ran as fast as she can to home.

He had survived, but at what at cost? He would be immobile for the remainder of his life and the beast had survived. The only thing left for him is to find a successor that had the power to slay these vile beasts.


© Copyright 2010 FrisoD (friso1990 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1700251-She-loved-the-hunt