*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1700866-Find-It-Dog
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Comedy · #1700866
Our hero orders his dog, urgently, find it! Find out what his dog was ordered to find.
Note to readers:  I suggest that you picture either James Belushi or John Candy as Master in this story.


Find It, Dog!


After hours of driving, they finally pulled into their camping spot, just Master and Dog.  Dog had been getting anxious, because he could sense that Master was getting anxious.  In fact for the last couple of Milk Bones, Master had been downright edgy.  Dog hated it when Master got edgy.

The instant the truck stopped, Master slammed open the door, pointed outward, and yelled "Find it Dog, find it!"  Dog's feet had barely touched the ground when Master nearly screamed "what are you waiting for, find it!"

Poor Dog, trying to please Master, ran frantically in circles, sniffing, looking, looking and sniffing.  But he just couldn't find it.  The pressure was unbearable, Master was about to explode.

All at once, Dog thought he got just a whiff of it in the lower left corner of his left nostril.  His head snapped in that direction.  He couldn't see it, but he knew it was there.

"For heavens sake," Master bawled.  "What are you doing?  Find it now!"

Dog was absolutely frenetic.  He had never seen Master like this before.  Thank God he smelled it.  He knew it had to be somewhere close by.  Sniff, sniff, sniff.  No, not there.  It's right around here somewhere, I know it is.  Sniff, sniff, sniff.

I found it! I found it!  Dog began spinning around, not taking his eyes off of it.  Just as he began to squat, Master pushed him roughly out of the way.  Master pulled down his pants, squatted, and launched an impressive missile right at it.  Bullseye!  Dog admired Master's marksmanship.

"Ooooooohhh!" Master sighed with relief.  "You sure brought it down to the wire that time, Dog."  Master looked straight ahead and noticed the empty camp site next to theirs.  "Boy, I sure am glad no one was in that camp site yet," he told Dog.

Then he heard the laughter of children behind him.


© Copyright 2010 Van Gogh (svsomro at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1700866-Find-It-Dog