*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1701851-Horror
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Horror/Scary · #1701851
My name's Ariel...Your life will never be the same after this story.
    My name's Ariel. I'm an eleventh grader. Your life will never be the same after this story.

    I was at school doing some of my homework in class.

    “Hey! Watch it!” cried a girl. She was sitting a desk away from me. Apparently the person next to her hit her elbow by accident.

    “Sorry...” said the innocent girl. The other one scowled at her and went back to her work to try and fix up the mess that happened few seconds ago.

    “Ugh!” she shrieked. I went to see what the hell she was doing.

    “I may not know much about math. But you got to the half point thing,” I said. She turned around and glared at me. “Go away!” she said curtly. I shrugged and went back to my desk.

    It was boring after that. Some of the guys randomly flashed me the middle finger which was meant for the mean girl of course. I rolled my eyes.

    It was finally after school. I took my things and left the building. As I walked past an abandoned mansion, two little children came up to me. They looked like fifth graders.

    “Excuse me,” said the little girl. I looked at her with curiosity.

    “My twin brother and I lost something in that house. Can you help us?”

    “Uh, sure.” How could I say 'no' to a cute face like that? The twins smiled.

    “My name's Jessie.” She had long brown hair that was tied in a high pony tail. Her bangs were parted to the side and she was wearing a private school girl uniform.

    “I'm Ronnie.” He had short brown hair that came a few inches below his ears. His bangs were cut short so they were above his eyes brows. He too was wearing a private school boy uniform.

    “I'm Ariel,” I introduced. The two children smiled up at me.

    “So, how did you lose your things in that house?” I asked the two. Jessie and Ronnie looked down at the ground. I tilted my head slightly to the right.

    “We went into the house to explore when we were told not to,” Jessie replied. I made an 'O' shape with my mouth. I know how that feels.

    “I'll help you. Don't worry. So, shall we go in?”

    The twins nodded. They each held my hand. We walked up to the chains that said “KEEP OUT”. I walked underneath the chains. I held it up for the two to walk under.

    We walked up to the gates of the mansion. The gates were black and rusty. Some of the paint were coming off. Jessie and Ronnie gripped my hands tightly. They were scared. I can tell.

    “It'll be okay. We'll just go in, get your things and get out,” I said, reassuring them.

    We slipped through some openings in the gate and entered the courtyard of the mansion. We neared the house and looked up. I felt a very eerie aura from it. Like something will happen.

    “Come on. Show me where you lost your things,” I said. I didn't look at the twins because I couldn't stop staring at the mansion. The twins lead me up the stairs and in the mansion.

    It was dark except for some of the sunlight that flooded in from the shattered window's. Then we walked up the spiraling stair case and was on the second floor. I suddenly felt a chill pass by me.

    I looked around, “who's there?” I called out. No answer.

    “Who are you talking to?” asked Jessie. I looked down at her, “n-nothing to worry about Jessie.”

    We continued walking down the hall and reached a large door.

    “Is this where you left your things?” I asked. The twins nodded. Before I could reach the doorknob, I saw a shadow on the wall. I turned around quickly.

    “Who are you!?” I cried out. I was getting scared. Jessie and Ronnie could sense it.

    “A-Ariel?” Jessie asked.

    “No...it's nothing. Really.” Who or what is really getting on my nerves right now.

    We entered the room and saw a king sized bed with for posts around. There were two bed side desks and lamps. One of the table had pieces of papers on it.

    'Must be the master bedroom,' I thought. I then felt someone push me.

    “Ariel! A-are you okay?” Jessie asked. Ronnie was looking up at me with worried eyes.

    “Don't worry about it. You guys look for your things...” I said. I let go of their hands and they searched the room for their stuff.

    I made sure that nothing will happen to them. Sounds a bit much right? But hello! We're in some god damn haunted mansion! Some ghost pushed me!

    Jessie and Ronnie came back holding their stuff. Jessie held a stuffed rabbit while Ronnie was holding a toy car.

    “So, you to good to go?” I asked. They nodded. I took their hands. They were so small. So delicate. I couldn't help but smile.

    We left the master bedroom and went down the stairs. We reached the door but it wouldn't budge.

    “What's wrong Ariel?” Jessie asked.

    “The door...it's jammed or something. I can't move it,” I replied. Another sudden chill passed by. I could of sworn I heard a voice. The place got a little colder.

    “Ariel...I'm cold,” Jessie said. Ronnie nodded in agreement with his twin sister. I smiled softly and took off my back pack. I pulled out my P.E. Shirt and my pink sweater. Ronnie took my gym shirt while Jessie took my pink sweater.

    Since we couldn't leave the place. We decided to venture around. Lucky for the twins, they have me to look around with them.

    “I know a bit about the history of this mansion. Do you two want to hear about it?” I asked. We walked into the dinning room. It had a long table with several chairs. For some reason, the table was set and the candles were lit up.

    “Sure,” the twins said at the same time. I smiled. We walked around the mess hall and looked at the pictures hanging on the wall. We stopped and looked at a picture where there's a woman and all her family were in it. They looked sad.

    “It says that the family who lived here were very rich. The husband was an A class entrepreneur,” I started. I looked at their faces. “It means that he was a very good business man.” I saw their expressions go “oh”.

    “His wife on the other hand. Was miserable. Despite her living under this gorgeous house, she felt as if her husband was cheating on her. She came from a poor family and was arranged to get married with him. She loved him but he didn't. A classic love story,” I said, continuing on with the story.

    “That's so sad!” Jessie said, releasing her hold on my hand and touching the cold white wall. I nodded, “it is sad.”

    “What happened?” asked Ronnie.

    “Well, when the husband came back for a few minutes, He went out again. They also have several children. About eight.”

“Whoa! That's a lot!” Ronnie said, surprised. I giggled, “yup.”

    “The wife left her eldest daughter, Donna, in charge. She went out and spied on her husband. He arrived at another place, in the bad side of town. She sneaked up to the bushes of that house. She saw her husband and her mom making out on the couch.”

    “Ew!” they both said. I laughed.

    “It is. So, the wife gasped. She sneaked away quickly, but unfortunately, her husband found out she was spying on him. He got really angry and started to chase her. The wife managed to come back to the mansion. But she came back too late. Somehow, her husband came here before she did and killed all seven of their children.”

    “What happened to the eighth one?” Jessie asked.

    “The eighth one, Riley, was hiding in the basement in a secret compartment that was meant for all eight of them. Of course, Riley was just a very very small girl. She heard her father coming down the stairs, holding onto his wife's hair. He threatened Riley to come out or else the mom will die. After a long grueling minutes of silence. The husband sliced off the wife's head.”

    “That's disgusting!” Jessie said, her face contorted into a disgusted expression.

    “All of Riley's brothers and sisters were dead. Her mom was dead. But her father is still out there. Her father left finally. She went and called the police. The police came and arrested the father. They even rescued Riley. She cried and cried. After that, she owns this mansion. Though she lives with her husband.”

    “That's sad! I don't know what I'd do if I lost my family,” Jessie said, staring sadly at Ronnie.

    “Same here,” Ronnie replied.

    I smiled and grabbed their small dainty hands. We went into the kitchen and heard something crash on the floor. We turned around and saw a plate, shattered into pieces. Jessie and Ronnie looked like they were about to cry.

    “Don't worry. Come on. Let's get out of here. I think the window's are shattered. We might be able to leave this place,” I said. We ran back to the entrance. We saw glass shattered on the ground. We were about to leave when another cold air knocked us down on the ground.

    'What the fu--?' I thought angrily. We all got up. The twins huddled close to me. We could hear the screams of everyone.

    “Go away!” I shouted. I picked them up in my arms. Good thing they were light. We ran into another living room and ran down to the basement. We could hear several loud and horse moans coming from up stairs. More stuff fell on the ground.

    The twins began crying. Tears stained their porcelain like face. I tried to comfort them by rocking them in my arms. We huddled into a corner. I looked at my watch. It says four fifteen. My god. Were we in here this long?

    Everything stopped. It was calm and nothing happened. I tried to listen closely for a couple of minutes. Nothing else happened. I got up, still carrying the twins in my arms. I went up the stairs carefully and slowly. I managed to make it to the top of the stairwell. I tip toed to the entrance. By the time I reached the front door, Jessie and Ronnie woke up. I put them down and held their hands again.

    “Is it safe?” Jessie asked quietly. I nodded in reply. I gripped their hands tightly, they did the same. I pulled them closer to me for protection. I did want to keep them safe.

    I tried to turn the handle. Still stuck. God! What was wrong with this place!?

    “Well, let's just—hey, what happened to your toys?” I asked, noticing that the rabbit and toy car is not in their possession anymore.

    “Oh no! We must have dropped it in the basement!” Jessie said sadly. Ronnie pouted. “That's okay. We'll go find it. Come on,” I said. We went back to find the stairs that leads to the basement. But when we reached to the place, the stairs were not there.

    “That's odd. Where are the stairs?” I asked quietly. Then we continued walking around the main floor to find the stairs. No where in sight.

    “Okay...this is just creepy...” I said. Jessie was beginning to fidget.

    “What's wrong?” I asked her. Jessie looked up at me, “c-can I stay here? I'm really tired from walking so much.”

    “Sure. You stay put right here okay?”

    Ronnie and I went and tried to find the stair case. After walking back and forth, we found it at the exact same place. It was just way too weird. Ronnie began to complain about getting really tired.

    “You can stay here then if you're tired,” I said. Ronnie nodded and sat down on the ground. I walked down the steep steps. Some of them creaked a little. But I didn't mind. I finally reached the bottom and saw the rabbit and car lying there on the dusty cold stone floor. I grabbed them swiftly and walked back up the stairs.

    I couldn't see Ronnie anywhere. But the shirt I gave him to wear was on the ground, crinkled. I picked it up and  looked around. I called out to him.

    “Ronnie! Where are you!? Ronnie!?” no answer from the boy. I sighed. I bit my lower lip and walked out to find that Jessie was missing. But the pink sweater was on the floor as well. I rushed over and picked it up. Something must have happened to them. I looked around.

    “Jessie!? Ronnie!? Are you guys there!?” I shouted. I looked down at my watch. It says six fifty. It was dark out. I can tell. The moon wasn't even up and I saw no stars. I was panicking. I was even thinking up many scenarios that didn't really help calm me down.

    'What if they got hurt!? Or they could have just did this as some fu—prank! I don't believe that they would do this...they looked utterly horrified...oh god...' My mind was racing with 'what if' questions. Suddenly, the door opened. I let out a scream and fell back on the ground.

    “What the hell—who're you!?” cried a voice. It was husky but had a hint of femininity in it.

    “I-I just came here because two little ki-kids told me th-they lost something here,” I replied.

    “Really now?” she snapped.

    “W-who are you?” I asked.

    “Riley.” My eyes widen and gasped.

    “Y-you're Riley!?” I heard her grunt and she walked into the light. She had short curly black hair with piercing hazel eyes that looked red.

    “Yes I'm Riley. I'd like to know why the hell you're in my home,” she said curtly.

    “W-well. L-like I said. Two kids asked me to help them get their toy's b-back. B-but when we tried to-to leave. The door-i-it wouldn't move. S-so we just r-roamed around. I told th-them the story a-about the history o-of this house. Then. W-we heard a plate dropping in the kitchen behind us. A-and we tried to run. We went to the base-basement,” I said. I was just too scared.

    Riley clicked her tongue, “well. You don't need to worry about anything. Come on girl.” I got up and she led me out the door. I couldn't find my voice. The image right in front of me scared me.

    “N-no! Ronnie! Jessie!” I shouted. They were covered in blood. They were dangling by a rope around their necks by a tree. Riley gasped. She called nine-one-one and told the police to come here ASAP.

    I cried and cried. I didn't know what to do. Two innocent kids were dead and hanged right in front of my eyes. Their eye balls were gauged out too. It made me shudder. I saw some pictures on the ground.

    “W-what a-are those?” I asked, my voice cracking. Riley saw where I was pointing at. She went over there and grabbed the pictures.

    “They're...pictures of your friends...” she replied. Her face etched with worry and concern.

    “W-how?” I asked. How can some damn ghosts take pictures?

    “I don't know...but I do know that these murders repeated themselves.” Riley gave me the pictures. Suddenly, the cops came. The officer came up to us while the others tended to Ronnie and Jessie.

    “What happened?” the officer asked.

    “Same thing as last time sir. Those two children are dead,” Riley replied.

    “What about her?” the officer asked. Pointing to me. I was too busy looking at the pictures. There's a picture of Jessie, dead. Her face was covered in her blood. Her eyes were closed. Blood was in her hair as well. Then there's a picture of a dead Ronnie. Same thing with Jessie as well.

    And another picture of them positioned closely together. They were kissing each other. But hell, they wouldn't know because they're dead. Must be the crazy perverted murders. Or ghosts.

    Then a picture of Jessie and Ronnie in the position that I found them in. Hanging from the tree. Dangling lifelessly. I turned the picture around and saw words sketched on it.

    This is what happens when you enter our place bitch

    It was written in blood as well. I crouched down and hugged my knees. I continued to cry. The police officer took the pictures out of my hands gently. He and Riley helped me up. The ambulance came whizzing in. Jessie and Ronnie were put into a body bag. I cried even more. I gripped the four items in my hand tightly. Riley said that she'll drive me back to her place. The officer nodded. He asked to take the items I was holding as evidence. I didn't want to give them up.

    “Come on sir. Let her be with them,” Riley said sturdily. The officer gave in and nodded. As I got into Riley's car, everything just became a blur...
© Copyright 2010 EvilPenguinRika (takashirika at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1701851-Horror