*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1701970-Why-only-now-my-love
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Experience · #1701970
A girl who has been through a lot of guys but finds out that none of them was real.
The sky is dark, more likely to pour down a lot of rain. Universidad de la ComunicaciĆ³n is quiet, not the usual. Everything is different. Inside the classroom, only two students were left, Ely and Cassie. They were best of friends before, but this time, they're not talking. It seems like everything is adapting to their situation - the sky, the school, the surroundings, everything. The silence is deafening until one of them decided to break the ice.

"Cassie?"

*no answer.

"Hey? Cassie?"

*still no answer.

"Hey?!"

"What?! What do you need this time Ely?"

"I just want to say I'm sorry."

"You don't need to apologize. It will be best if we stay like this. No talk means no problem, no arguments."

"You don't understand."

"I understand completely. We are exact opposites and with that, we can't stand each other being friends. Let's face it. Forget we ever met."

"Did you really think I can do that? After all my realizations? I realized that I cannot live without you."

"Whatever. Just go away."

"I tried. Believe me. I just can't."

"Why not?!"

"Because I realized that i love you."

"Listen to yourself. You don't know what you are saying."

"I know this sounds impossible but here it is. I broke up with Estelle last month. I don't want to hurt her feelings but I can't help it. I think about you all the time. I always want to be with you. I want to know where you are, what you do, who's with you. I just want to take care of you."

"Go back to her."

"I don't want."

"Why are you doing this to me? You're making things complicated for the both of us!"

"I love you and that's all I know."

"Don't do this to me."

"Only a fool will believe you and love you."

"I will do everything for you. Please do believe me. I can't---"

"Shhh. And I am one of those fools. I love you, too, you idiot."

-----------

5 years ago...

It was just an ordinary day, soon to be extraordinary.

"Come on guys it's getting late. Let's just practice again tomorrow afternoon.", Cassie said.

"Okay. See you tomorrow!", everybody replied.

"Hey, Cassie wait please?", Danny called.

"Yo Danny? What's wrong?"

"Nothing, may I accompany you?"

"Oh sure. Are we going the same way?"

They just walk and talk. And then suddenly, things will get a little extraordinary.

"Uhm, no. I just want to walk with you."

"Oh, why? What's the problem?"

"You know what, I really don't like Jane."

"Oh, I see. Why? She's pretty you know."

"Yes, she is pretty but I like someone else."

"Oh, so that is the case."

"Hey, I like you. I will do everything to make you like me, too. I tried to stop this feeling but I just can't! I wanted to--"

"Whoa, whoa. Easy about that, Danny. Think about what you're saying. Listen to yourself. There are prettier girls in our school."

"I'm sure. I have never felt like this before."

"Okay. But for now, let's just go home. I'm exhausted. Please?"

"Okay, I'm sorry for acting like that."

Days, weeks, and months passed. Danny courted Cassie. He gave her everything and he always makes her laugh. The day came when Cassie finally made up her mind. She knew it is time. It was during their English class. Danny sat beside Cassie as usual.

"Cassie, when are you going to say yes?"

"Soon."

"Oh, okay. I'll wait until that day comes."

"Yes."

"Yes? What do you mean?"

"Yes. I love you, too."

"Yes!"

He kissed her out of excitement. They're lucky the teacher did not see them. Danny was really happy. He wanted to shout for joy. He wanted to dance. He didn't know what to say. Then finally, he spoke.

"Thank you, Cassie. I love you so much and I will never let you go. I will do my best not to hurt you."

Because of too much excitement, Danny told his best friends immediately about the good news. Everyday, they play at Quiero Ordenadores, one of the popular computer shops in Billionaire's Town.
© Copyright 2010 bakedmakareni (simplykc at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1701970-Why-only-now-my-love