*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1702608-Helpless-Rage
Rated: 13+ · Poetry · Family · #1702608
frustration in the face of a family member's addiction
What do you do when...

Someone you love seems hell-bent and determined on ruining their life and the lives of those who love them most (Children, Sisters, Mother)?

Is killing herself with drugs and addiction to an extremely unhealthy relationship?

Does not understand the magnitude of her actions because of a mental disability (that has gone undiagnosed/untreated her entire life).

Social Services is completely oblivious, uncaring---hell, if she dies, it’ll be one more off the welfare rolls for them; for them, it’ll be a real success story!

(But not for me; not for us, her family, we, the people who love her most. We tell her this, but she doesn’t care, can’t care, drugs have her in their grip, tightly wound, imprisoned).

What do you do when you look for help, but it's nowhere to be found? Oh, she has to bottom out (she’ll be dead before that happens), she has to be ready to accept help (that’ll never happen), we’re told by well-meaning bystanders.

In the meantime, there’s nowhere to turn, frustration and dread build, crimes are committed and still, the dance goes on. What can be done? The sense of helplessness is overwhelming.


Rage
© Copyright 2010 Rebecca (kittykatkins at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1702608-Helpless-Rage