*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1703029-Walk-Calmly
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Other · #1703029
It is so dificult living with fortune tellers.
"It's happening again, isn't it? It is.... Don't tell me it isn't because I know that it is. Oh good God, Fred, not now! Not here! Freddy? Freddy? Have a glass of water-- Could we get a glass of water over here, please? Thank you very much, yeah, okay. Fred? Fred, look at me! FRED, HERE WE GO.... Fred...”

“Janette--”

“Not now, Freddy, please? Your going to give a speech...”

“There's going to be a bomb scare--”

“We're having dinner, Fred.”

“I know, but the bomb squad...”

“Fred, please, not now! You look very handsome in your bow tie!”

“There's a beer truck in the garage that--!”

“Look at your menu, darling.”

“Janette... A truck!”

“I love you, and I believe you, but for--”

“Oh Janette! Look behind you! All the way around, see the bartender? See him looking at the girl's tits. You see him?”

“Yes...”

“Watch the guy! Watch the guy on the right! He's about to stand up and-- “

“Oh my God!”

“Nailed him...Kapaow! Okay, darling, Janette? Let's get outta here?”

“Yer joking! You are joking, I know you are, don't upset me, please Fred? I mean it, really, truly please, relax. Look at me! I love you!”

“Thank you, sweetheart.”

“You're very handsome!”

Thank you, sweetheart.”

“Fred, look at me...”

“The waiter is about to put down a big plate of bloody steak in front of you and you're going to say, 'Sorry--'”

“No, no, no, I'm sorry, no... This is for him. I ordered the sole...There we go, thank you. Perfect. There we go...
You look so pleased with yourself, Mr. Fredrick Elliot--”

“There's a beer truck downstairs they are going to think has a bomb in it!”

“When?”

“I don't know, Janette, I just know—”

“I am not going to let you spoil this eve--”

Ladies and gentlemen, I am so very awfully sorry to interrupt this wonderful dinner celebrating the very prestigious “Under-Writer of the Year Award Ceremony,” but I'm afraid the management has asked us to calmly and orderly take the stairs in single file—There seems to be some sort of a bomb scare...Calmly, now...

“Oh, you look so pleased...”

“This one, actually is real!”

“Fred, for the love of God, let's get out of here!''

“Walk calmly, sweetheart, walk calmly...”
© Copyright 2010 Winchester Jones (ty.gregory at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1703029-Walk-Calmly