*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1703831-WC-Contest---An-Inconvenient-Encounter
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Contest · #1703831
She'll never believe him when he tells her about this.
Author's Note:  This is a contest piece; I won't be editing the on-line version. Any feedback or criticism is still appreciated since it will help me in my future writing.  Due to space reasons, I'll probably be removing this from my portfolio soon; but I'll be saving an off-line copy of any reviews.

                                An Inconvenient Encounter

Bill knew he was driving too fast for the country road, he was just glad that there was no other traffic.  His last appointment had run way too long and he was probably already late.  Again.  He was so focused on the road that he didn't even notice the bright light flashing through the sky above him.

He still didn't notice when it came back and followed above him. He did notice when his car suddenly died. To make matters worse, when he tried his cell phone, it was dead also.  "Damn it, she'll never believe me when I tell her about this."  As he was reaching for the door handle to start walking, Bill's car was flooded with a soft greenish light.

The next thing he knew, Bill was waking up bound to a white table made of something plastic-like.  Looking around the room he saw a strange assortment of tools and devices whose functions he probably didn't want to know.  The weirdest part of the
room was the fact that everything was colored a bright white.  Even the robe he was now wearing was the same color white.

"HELLO, IS THERE ANYONE OUT THERE, I DON'T HAVE TIME FOR THIS SHIT!"  His yell produced results, but not the kind he hoped.  The creatures that walked in looked to be at least seven foot tall.  While otherwise humanoid, their skin was a bright lime green.

"Greetings Earth creature.  We mean you no harm."  The voice was mechanical sounding and seemed to come from a device strapped to his throat.  "We understand your time is valuable.  We merely wish to run a few quick tests for our data-base and then you will be returned back into the wild."  They loosened his straps enough to give him a little movement. "Please roll over onto your front."

Bill complied, he just wanted to get this over with.  As he rolled over, he realised that his robe was open in the back and left his posterior exposed.  That couldn't be good.  On the bright side; at least his visits to the proctologist wouldn't seem so bad anymore.

He must have blacked out again; he came to in his car.  The dashboard light said 5:00! He was so screwed. He grabbed his cell phone; it worked! But, his call went to voicemail.

"Hi honey. I know I promised I'd meet you at the opera to make up for standing you up on our anniversary, but something came up..."
© Copyright 2010 Kev The Green (kevdgreen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1703831-WC-Contest---An-Inconvenient-Encounter