*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1704282-Rixys-Bio
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Non-fiction · Other · #1704282
Rixfarmgirl's Bio
Rixfarmgirl came from my husband's name, Rick's (rix) along with farmgirl because we live on an 80 acre farm in Evening Shade, AR. Writing.com people call me Rixy.

I completed my BSE, MSE, and some doctoral work at University of Arkansas, Fayetteville. I taught for 38 years in grades 6th-college levels. I am a certified teacher in three states to teach social studies, language arts, journalism, speech, drama, photography, and global studies. I loved teaching high school English, geography, and writing. I retired from the public school in May, 2010.

I was an inspirational speaker for four years in AR, TX, and MO while also running a photography business and selling real estate.

My favorite game to play as a child was SCHOOL! It was hard to get the neighborhood kids to play because they said I gave them too much work!

I became a writer of short stories in the ninth grade. That foray lasted six months. In high school I joined the journalism class and was editor of the annual staff. When my husband was drafted by the Buffalo Bills, I wrote a weekly column for Arkansas Gazette about professional football and what goes on behind the scenes. That job lasted three years.

My favorite writing genre is fictional short stories. I love the 55-word story and other types of micro-fiction. I dabble in poetry (and I do mean dabble). I like to read true crime, thrillers, and mysteries. The best book I have read lately is The Quickie by James Patterson and Heaven Is For Real by Todd Burpo.

I enjoy traveling and my passport sports stamps from Hong Kong, Singapore, London, Denmark, Switzerland, Italy, Greece, Japan, France, Monaco, China, Malaysia, and Australia. My travels in the future will be to explore the US.

My favorite saying is “Whether you think you can or can't, you are right,” said Henry Ford."

I have published several items and made bit of money here and there. If you are interested in what and where I was in print, check out my portfolio. Last year I entered NaNoWriMo for the first time and finished my novel in three weeks. Without having had several New Horizon Academy classes, I would have been able to complete the task.

Something about me you probably wouldn't guess is I literally ran away from home in the wee hours of early morning when I was 55 and met the Love of my Life on the Internet where he purchased an item I was selling on eBay. We dated playing Spades on Yahoo and have been very happily married for over 10 years.
© Copyright 2010 Rixfarmgirl (rixfarmgirl at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1704282-Rixys-Bio