*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1704346-The-Silver-Star
Rated: 13+ · Draft · Military · #1704346
gjklghjkghjkghkhjkhjkghjkhjk
In August of 2011, Russia was in a serious economic slump due to the conflicts in Georgia. There was tension in the air, tightest between the more patriotic citizens and the leftists democrats. To be totally honest the right wing’s majority believed the small nation was simply a back yard with an infestation of moles to be quickly neutralized and brought back to the neighborhood. Those who were more politically neutral or democratic accepted and had some respect for the struggles of the Georgians and more than anything wanted the killing to stop quickly.
Of course, as if the petty squabbles of the citizens becoming violent wasn't enough, the politicos were finding it difficult to show much restraint as well. The danger in their separation was becoming more self evident. Prime Minister Zeno Vladimiri Petranovo began running a public relations campaign essentially meant to stimulate both the economy and the moral of the citizens of a nation torn by both clashing views of ethics and by the perils of conflict. Now was the time to come together and confront the issue with more clarity of the mind.
Petranovo was the leader of a sector of the government most commonly known as the “tsarskie synovʹyă” ( Tzar’s sons). The most accurate description of the group was their somewhat left wing, ethical sense of patriotic duty, and many of them had close pre-politico relations as (damn near militant) radicals. Although their pasts had to be all but destroyed to allow their rise to power, they kept their core beliefs pinned to their sleeves. They might as well have never heard of the RU, and their hearts stayed always with the mother Russia.

Regardless beyond their major political opinions they were where they were because of their uncanny ability to charm and beguile there people. They were both firm and benevolent and they knew the importance of their close relationship with the populace. The stimulus consisted of about 29 trillion rubles, thought to be more appropriate than the recent American revival. The sum of money was equivalent to more than 950 billion USD. The money was divided and divvied in such a way to satisfy both social wings. For the left, the money went to universities, schools, medical research, the hiring of more ambassadorial positions, and international emergency aid. Then for the right wing, the money flowed into the war, and into the market, the highest industrial grants given with subtlety to Evanov- Borscht Military Tech- Development, and Kroveniitek Weapons Manufacturer. They were equal to about half of a trillion rubles each. In a speech regarding the the resurgence.
Prime Minister Petranovo showed vigorous confidence in the stabilization attempt, proclaiming in a marble amphitheater near what was once Stalingrad “ This, now, is the time to bring an end to our struggles. Lines have been drawn in the sand which show the passion of the children of Mother Russia. How sad though, that our greatest emotions that should bring us the greatest pride, bring us, in truth, separation and shame. Now, may great ease come to your minds. We now give greater strength to either side of this great divide." He was talking about the grants to the weapons for the right wing and the ambassadors and peace negotiators. How he was giving them both a financial push. He went on the say "Now it is time to find out who will utilize this strength with the greatest precision. It is with a great sense of sadness though that I inform you that in my own eyes, only one power, and not both will emerge with the tittle of victor, I feel that we must accept that no compromise can be reached between the two. Remember though that whomever does receive the solemn tittle, will bring peace to us, and will lead us from these times of turbulence and unrest.”
He was hailed as a fucking hero. As he walked off the lectern there might as well have been white roses fall at his feet. He was the most beloved son of the motherland, until of course, he stepped between the exit gap in the marble walls of the amphitheater, and on either side of the gap fell the RU banners, both of which were emblazoned with a silver star fronted by a hammer of the same proud shade of silver.
It can blow your god damned mind what some shiney thread can do to people. The real leftists wouldnt stop screaming their battle crys proclaiming their loe and support of Peranovo. On the other end of the line, the entire right wing didnt just hae their panties in a bunnch, they knotted them tor them up and burned the tangled scraps. It went on for days, the back and fourths were becoming increasingly ferosious and the stations beat the speach to death. .



















© Copyright 2010 Richard III (richard_iii at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1704346-The-Silver-Star