*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1705699-prologue-exodus-revision
Rated: E · Other · Sci-fi · #1705699
i read the reveiws which were all very helpfull and tried to improve tell me how it worked
                  By the year 2045 the space tourism industry had finally taken root. Not long after that the United States created the first space colony on the Moon.  By 2050 there were two Moon based colonies and one colony on Mars with over 1,000 citizens and the growing infrastructure to expand much more. The United States, facing little opposition, continued to expand into the solar system.

                  Another five years and the colonies while remaining small had grown self sufficient and fully open to immigration. The Lunar colonies were able to apply for statehood and became the 51st state by 2053. The Martian colonies followed suit in 2055.

                  Science and technology advanced rapidly, genetic disorders eliminated in developed countries, cancer survival tripled, and genetic manipulation a personal choice. New agricultural products capable of living in incredible conditions were created. Advances in material engineering, computers, and energy shortened space travel to mere hours to the Moon and from a month to a week for Mars, depending on orbit.

                  By this point rogue nations had acquired enough power to launch nuclear strikes against their various enemies. After the rogue states, Russia and China followed suit, trying to monopolize on the instability, launching attacks on Europe and the United States. The retaliatory strikes that were immediately launched quickly ended nuclear conflict, but left the Earth less than a century until nuclear fallout left it uninhabitable.

                  The war, suppressed by the impending end and the Earth doomed for thousands of years of lifelessness, the colonies opened to the people of the world to escape to.

                  This is the period when the colonies became the only safe haven to humanity, and thus began the exodus.
© Copyright 2010 biosynth (biosynth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1705699-prologue-exodus-revision