*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1706402-The-Little-Shop-of-Treasures
Rated: E · Short Story · Fantasy · #1706402
This was an assignment for my Writers' Group.
The Little Shop of Treasures

Lee found himself across town in a used goods store called The Little Shop of Treasures.  He was out walking, doing errands and was drawn to the shop for some unknown reason.  He wasn't looking for anything in particular but the shop had a kind of charm and he had some spare time. 

He was browsing through old albums when something fell to the floor.  It was a tiny black book.  On the cover was written "The Only Magic Book You'll Ever Need".  He felt a kind of tingling when he touched it.  Without another thought he took the book to the counter, paid $5.00 for it and went home.

Lee was a writer but landscaped supplement his income.  Since his car accident he was unable to do landscaping because he had whiplash.  But he could still write. There was just one problem.  His laptop harddrive crashed and his whole computer was ruined.  He couldn't afford to buy a new one. 

He walked into his house, sat down and opened the book.  There in Gothic handwriting were the words "For Lee".  "Now that's synchronicity", thought Lee.  "What are the chances of that?"  He proceeded to read and came upon a spell for material gain.  "Why not?", thought Lee and went on reading the spell.  First he would need some supplies.

Lee shopped for the candles and oils needed and on Thursday when the moon was full, he set out to cast his spell.  He did the necessary rituals with the oil and the candles and then said "I charge these candles to bring me a laptop computer.  Computer, computer come to me."  He closed his eyes and called upon Odin and Freya to help him activate the spell and visualized the laptop coming to him.

On Saturday afternoon his doorbell rang. A delivery man stood at the door with a package for Lee.  He rips it open in excitement.  It was a brand new Laptop computer.  No return address.  He was so excited that he went to his favorite cafe and started working on a story. He couldn't help but notice the Lexus sitting in the parking lot. He began to think of all the other things he could get with this magic.  He really needed a car. He headed home.  The book wasn't there.  He had left it on the coffee table and it wasn't there.  He searched everywhere but couldn't find it.

Across town a young woman named Patricia was browsing in The Little Shop of Treasures when she came across a book.  The Only Magic Book You Will Ever Need.  She picked it up, felt an immediate connection to it and had to buy it.  As she walked out the door she opened the book and inside was written: "For Patricia".  'Wow!', she thought.  'What synchronicity!'

© Copyright 2010 S. Carr (sheilacarr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1706402-The-Little-Shop-of-Treasures