*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1706998-Burning-of-Korans-and-American-Flags
by NRFR
Rated: · Other · Opinion · #1706998
Controversy in politics, religion and society
Burning Korans and American Flags

It is curious to me that a single pastor's plan to burn a few Koran books should set off a world wide outrage while at the same time a number of Muslim led protest rallies, over just talk, have openly cursed the United States and burned the American Flag.. No one in the United States seems to be outraged by the burning of the American Flag outside, much less inside the U. S.

The pastor and his small congreation in Florida has only threatened, but so far have taken no action, while Muslims are publically burning the American Flag. Everyone from the President to the Secretary of Defense to the Commander in Afganistan and all the liberal press has taken issue with the pastor. I don't know of a single Arabic state official or other official, religious or otherwise, that has condemned burning of the American Flag or rhetoric defiling the United States. This to me seems a paradox. Is the United States afraid to confront our enemies. If Muslims are a peaceful people, why are their leaders and the so called "peaceful majority" not loudly condemning their "radical" brethren? Why are they insisting on building a Muslim center near the very sensitive (to Americans) site at ground zero in New York? Why should we go to war against them outside the country and then let them do what they want right under our noses? Why is our President supporting this? At the very least he should say nothing. Has America lost its spine?

I believe our country's leadership and a large part of the population that supports them are taking our country in the wrong direction. We are rapidly becoming a welfare and entitlement nation that is destroying its future. We must vote the liberals out of office before it is too late. We can only blame ourselves if our country loses its leadership position in the world because no one has the foritude to stand up for America no matter the cost.

Be strong and be an American and stand up for what others over the past 250 years have fought and sacrificed for.

9/10/2010
© Copyright 2010 NRFR (milburn at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1706998-Burning-of-Korans-and-American-Flags